Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just had a phone call

Tim thanks for that mate! I might have to take you up on that!

Cheers Danny

Where's the best place to get hold of pure lead(not including church roofs!)

Lead flashing either from somewhere like B&Q or a scrapyard is the simplest.

Ok cool thanks

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Lead flashing either from somewhere like B&Q or a scrapyard is the simplest.
    Thats what I use, bought 2 rolls from local reclamation yard & they last for years.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Might be worth a visit to your local scrap yard, they buy it in and sell it on at a profit but should still be cheaper than buying
    new stuff. Old water pipes iv found good but make sure the air inside can escape when you melt it down. If you phone and ask
    what they are paying then call local plumbers and offer to collect with cash you never know you may get a regular supply. One
    of the guys in the bike club im in is a plumber and he had no end stashed under his shed so i bought the lot of him, payed him
    in beer. Still using it five years later. Tim

Thanks Tim. Ill have an ask around

The shell house bullet company seem to be pretty reasonable for soft lead cast bullets, about £49 per thousand plus p&p for 148 gr wadcutters.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

That's a great site mate!! Thanks! Have you used those 148 wad cutters in your armscor?

Tried them last night, they were spot on. Ordered a thousand which should keep me going for a few weeks.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Nice one thanks for that mate