Thread: Webley Premier thrashes Feinwerkbau 65.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Webley Premier thrashes Feinwerkbau 65.

Imagine the tension. Herr IJ Steyr versus Hippo during club pistol competition. Herr Steyr using a nice FWB 65, and Paul "Hippo" a "D" marked Premier (like the one of mine that Jones chucked in the bin the other night as fit for nothing.)

We shoot many competitions in our club, but this one is for classic pistols. Just to give you an idea of what an average pistol shot scores, I managed 146 ex 200 with my Hammerli Master and was not that unhappy.

However, we have in our midst some genuinely excellent pistol shots. One of these godlike individuals is Paul "Hippo" Wray. He can literally shoot anything well and would probably still beat everybody using a Gat firing corks. Just to prove this strange ability, Hippo used his tidy .177 Premier in todays comp. Herr Steyr Jones used a "proper" recoilless FWB 65 and totaled an impressive 184. Even I had to admit it was good, and it was a personal best for Ian. Anyway, leaving his cards to the last hour, Paul hit the red light button and we left him to it. Returning shortly later with the shot cards, it was clear to see that he had, as usual, scored well. Would he manage to beat IJ? I am delighted to report that Hippo managed 190 (proper score now included) with his "Wobbly."

Just goes to prove that a talented shot with an old Wobbly is still capable of usurping a proper target pistol.
    Not that I will ever be able to match such performance, but it proves that it can be done with one of Birmingham's classics in the hands of an expert.

Never mind Ian, there is always next month! ( laughs behind closed hand)

Andy
    Last edited by Amac; 25-08-2013 at 09:48 PM.
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !