Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Webley Premier thrashes Feinwerkbau 65.

Convert

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    He shot mine on Tuesday - without wearing rubber gloves!

.....but he did say that the trigger was nothing like as good as Hippo's - so he must have shot that one as well!
    Good news... as from next week HJ will be able to try another quality Webley trigger as one of our top match shooters (John, AKA fat Stig) has this day acquired a CHROME Mk1. This should be right down Pink Prides Strasse ;-)
    Wobb Hippo

I have indeed Paul & I can't believe how good it is even after 40+ years & some idiot
    Chrome plating it it's still shooting 1" groups.
    I think it had a rifled barrel originally but it looks like someone has been shooting titanium pellets through it for 40 years if I get off work early tomorrow I might bring it over to Rivi & put it through its pace

Quote Originally Posted by Fat stig View Post
    I have indeed Paul & I can't believe how good it is even after 40+ years & some idiot
    Chrome plating it it's still shooting 1" groups.
    I think it had a rifled barrel originally but it looks like someone has been shooting titanium pellets through it for 40 years if I get off work early tomorrow I might bring it over to Rivi & put it through its pace
    Nowt wrong with chrome plating it John, it will last even longer :-):-) :-)
    See you tomorrow, maybe with a good Wobbly turnout we can occupy all the booths at once and oust the Jones :-)
    Mind you he's more likely to be planning ousting the Poles ;-)
    Hippo

I wondered what that can of oust was doing in the boot of his little German noddy
    Car some of the Rivi members won't be pleased

Music to my ears chaps! May bring the Mk 1 over for a play as well.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by paul404 View Post
    Good news... as from next week HJ will be able to try another quality Webley trigger as one of our top match shooters (John, AKA fat Stig) has this day acquired a CHROME Mk1. This should be right down Pink Prides Strasse ;-)
    Wobb Hippo
    'HJ' ??? Have I met him? Hippo wanted a BSA but couldn't spell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post

Andy
    And with the size of those ears it wouldn't have to be loud!

Bring it on!

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    'HJ' ??? Have I met him? Hippo wanted a BSA but couldn't spell it.

And with the size of those ears it wouldn't have to be loud!

Bring it on!

ATB
    Ian
    HJ = Herr Jones :-) You struggling in your second language ( English) HJ? :-)
    They don't like it up em you know, quote from another, younger Jones ;-)
    Wob

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post

Andy
    One has to forgive Andy for owning a Webley. He's from 'up north' dont you know.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    One has to forgive Andy for owning a Webley. He's from 'up north' dont you know.
    Very easy to recognize ; wearing a flat cap, leading a whippet on a length of string and chewing tripe!
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Missing my new (possibly nearly 80 year old) Wobbly badly as its away with doctor hippo for a bit of much needed TLC
    Funny I've just sold my styer without a second thought & doubt I'll miss it one bit
    Just shows how these little pistols get under your skin not like that soulless German stuff
    Isn't that so HJ.

Fettled

Quote Originally Posted by Fat stig View Post
    Missing my new (possibly nearly 80 year old) Wobbly badly as its away with doctor hippo for a bit of much needed TLC
    Funny I've just sold my styer without a second thought & doubt I'll miss it one bit
    Just shows how these little pistols get under your skin not like that soulless German stuff
    Isn't that so HJ.
    John, just finished your service and have to report that unfortunately your trigger is now far better than mine:-(
    Also Far better than the pig sty(er) you just sold:-)
    I know its tempting to stuff the Germans with an 80 year old bent spring and a none existent breech washer, but perhaps its time to visit Knibbs and give the octogenarian a new lease of life :-)
    Wobbly Hippo

If the old girl needs it she shall have it but she will have to wait till payday I pic Dans car up on Thursday so all funds are spoken for ( I'm sure it will be up to the job short term & if it does turn out to be as old & rare as Andy thinks it'll be having a full refurb & some nice grips

Happy days!!!!! John, your Wobbly Mk 1 chromed special (63304, batch 304) was manufactured before the outbreak of WW2 in 1939.Cant be more accurate than that unfortunately. Wobbly stopped using individual serial numbers when production re-commenced in '46 apparently. Great to see that she still shoots as well as you had hoped. I am sure that following Mr Hippo's trigger fettling session it will be outshooting that cheap German crap on a regular basis, particularly if you source some new parts as suggested.

Dont you just love Wobblys that can still shoot straight and can render memories of expensive target pistols costing ten times more at least as throwaway fodder?

Now, where did I put that whippet lead......

Andy (From the North)

Great news Andy it's nice to own a bit of history but more importantly out of all the guns I've owned since I came back to shooting last year (& that's a lot ) this puts by far the biggest smile on my face

I reckon we should storm the 10m range Wednesday night and oust all of the foreign rubbish that might be knocking about. Particularly those owned by the resident German spy.

A."F.T.N"