Thread: Hawke Sidewinder 30 SF 6-24x56 SR Pro

Vermin Al is offline Some say, ..... 4,000fps is enough

Thumbs up Hawke Sidewinder 30 SF 6-24x56 SR Pro

Just getting used to my new Hawke Sidewinder 30 SF 6-24x56 SR Pro on my 17 Fireball. First and foremost, the glass is much, much better than on my old Sidewinder. In fact it is so much better I think Hawke have missed a trick by not renaming this scope to indicate a significant upgrade and so put clear water between the new model and the old.

Anyway, apart from the glass upgrade the scope has all the solid build that is expected from this marque.

The turrets work well, clear clicks and when I tested for repeatability with a 40 click "box", the POI returned to zero, give or take 1/8". They also lock, simply by pushing down the turret adjusting cap. Also, over the last few weeks of using the scope under field conditions the scope has held zero.

The sight picture is sharp and colourful with lots of contrast.

The new SR Pro reticle is clearly defined and the aim points can be calculated using Hawke's Chairgun Pro or BRC apps.

Overall, a well built scope for not a lot of money. Well pleased.
    Al

laity is offline Dumb “Platinum” Blonde
    I have one on my .243 Remington and the thing is amazing. I was shocked how much better the glass was from the last one I had. The SR Pro ret works really well with the load I use and all the aim points correspond perfectly. Chuffed to bits I got one in the end . A really good scope for the money and works a treat.I want to see what its like under lamp conditions to really gauge it.
    So far a happy man

LAity
    Lots and lots of guns !

Glad you like it , i had a 4-16 x50 version with sr6 ret and have to admit i really was quite impressed with the glass, as you say for the price they are good value. The only downside for me was the size and weight as i planned using it on my .22lr and the turrets were a little mushy ( tracke fine though), it was just too big so i sold it on but bought its little sister , the panorama EV 4-12 x 50 1" tube , again for the money the glass is very nice with a very workable ret , overall i thing the Hawke are good value
    rgds
    craig