Thread: Casting Wad Cutter for Armscor MLR

Smile Casting Wad Cutter for Armscor MLR

Hi,

Has anyone tried casting wad cutters for use in the Armscor muzzle loading revolver ? and found one that works well.

Cheers

I've cast some wadcutters for a friend and he has used them with no problem. Sized to .358 and cast soft.

I cast mine with the same mould that i use for my Taurus. 158 grn truncated cone with flat point.
    I just use pure lead instead of wheel weights. I size em to .357 and tumble lube in alox just the
    same as the harder ones. Having a slight bevel on the base they load easy and shoot well with
    3 grns of Herco. Tim

Mould

Quote Originally Posted by tim56 View Post
    I cast mine with the same mould that i use for my Taurus. 158 grn truncated cone with flat point.
    I just use pure lead instead of wheel weights. I size em to .357 and tumble lube in alox just the
    same as the harder ones. Having a slight bevel on the base they load easy and shoot well with
    3 grns of Herco. Tim
    Hi Tim, Thats interesting as I've never managed to find a good cast lead bullet for my Taurus ! I tried many commercial ones but ended up sticking to jacketed which work perfectly. Bit expensive for paper punching though. Can I ask you exactly what mould you are using ? And the powder and load for your taurus ?
    Many Thanks.

Hi Voodoo, its a Lee 158grn truncated flat nose bullet so ideal for revolver or tube fed rifles.
    I use 3.6 grns of GM3 in my Taurus which shoots really well although it did raise the point of
    impact about 3" at 20 m compared to the 5 grns of Unique i was using.
    I cast wheel weights for the Taurus and soft lead flashing/piping for the Armscor and lube both
    with Alox.
    If you want to try a few send me an address via pm and i can send you some to try. Tim

Thumbs up Thanks

Hi Tim,

Thats very kind of you I'll contact you by PM when I have a little more time.

Many thanks.