Quote Originally Posted by mel h View Post
    Hello John, many thanks I'll be there.
    Mel.
    Good man

Tables also reserved for Paul, Mitch and Micky

John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    Hopefully there will be a good collection of target air pistols for enthusiast, ...mike...
    And a good selection of collectable pellets.

edbear2 Guest
    A collector friend has emailed me photos of some interesting vintage pellet packets which will be for sale at the fayre, will post photos tonight for interested parties.

ATB, Ed

edbear2 Guest
    Photos as promised here;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31228487@N07/11840600034/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...n/photostream/

The sharp eyed out there will no doubt spotted a couple of exceptionally hard to find and desirable boxes amongst this nice selection of oldies.

Please no messages regarding prices etc. I have no idea as these are not mine, but all will be amongst other items being sold by a collector at the fayre.

ATB, Ed

I will be there, selling a couple of rare American co2 rifles, plus a few assorted British and American spares.
    Pete.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Photos as promised here;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31228487@N07/11840600034/

The sharp eyed out there will no doubt spotted a couple of exceptionally hard to find and desirable boxes amongst this nice selection of oldies.

Please no messages regarding prices etc. I have no idea as these are not mine, but all will be amongst other items being sold by a collector at the fayre.

ATB, Ed
    Enjoyed those piccies, some slugs from my mischievous youth there, ...mike...

Good to hear Phil (Archie), Stan and Andy D are coming to buy.

If you fellas also wish to sell some of your collections or accessories, tables can be booked free of charge. Or you could share a table which would give each of you more time to browse or compete in the bell target shoots.

Nige from Melbourne will also be selling some old Webleys on the day.

John
    hold me back !!

bell target shoot

There will be a bell target competition on the day for novices and experts, so please bring along a rifle to compete with.

Preliminary rounds will be shot during the afternoon using the 5 hole biathlon target used at previous Melbourne Open days/Evenings to decide the top shooters who will then shoot in a 'Final' on the electronic and mechanical bell targets.

There will be an 'Open Sight' Class for the older type spring guns and a class for rifles fitted with 'Diopter Sights'

I will post a separate thread with more details of the 'Bell Target Open'.

John
    hold me back !!

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post

There will be an 'Open Sight' Class for the older type spring guns and a class for rifles fitted with 'Diopter Sights'

I will post a separate thread with more details of the 'Bell Target Open'.

John
    Hi John, will there be a a class for pre 1939 guns (prewar BSA / Webley etc.) or does open sights cover say classics up to the 1970's etc. please.

I have thinned out quite a lot so may just have a couple of items for the bring and buy, I hate being stuck behind a table when there are things to shoot / be shot at!

ATVB, Ed

edbear2 Guest
    P.S.

If anybody attending has a nice complete HW80 MK 1 in .177 they are thinking of moving on, I am in the market. Good price paid, or P/X swap with vintage BSA rifle if you want to try something older!

ATB, Ed

Hi Ed

It will be good to see you again

Yes we can also have a class for prewar spring guns, no problem. It will be interesting to see how they compare with more modern rifles at 6yds.

That Mercury you sold me is exceptionally accurate on our club 50 yds range using a bench and a soft front rest

We have had a number of informal 50 yds comps at the club and I honestly believe it is as accurate as my FWB124 and only just beaten by my Prosports and the best TX's at the club

I tried a number of quality pellets including the 7.4,7.9 and 8.4 grain JSB/AA pellets but eventually settled on the 10+ grain heavy Daystates (another JSB pellet). I will bring along some shot targets. Power is around 10 ft. lbs. depending on pellet. Lovely rifle.

See you on the day.
    John
    hold me back !!

edbear2 Guest
    Hi Ed

It will be good to see you again

Yes we can also have a class for prewar spring guns, no problem. It will be interesting to see how they compare with more modern rifles at 6yds.

That Mercury you sold me is exceptionally accurate on our club 50 yds range using a bench and a soft front rest

We have had a number of informal 50 yds comps at the club and I honestly believe it is as accurate as my FWB124 and only just beaten by my Prosports and the best TX's at the club

I tried a number of quality pellets including the 7.4,7.9 and 8.4 grain JSB/AA pellets but eventually settled on the 10+ grain heavy Daystates (another JSB pellet). I will bring along some shot targets. Power is around 10 ft. lbs. depending on pellet. Lovely rifle.

See you on the day.
    John
    Hi John, glad you like it, It was only because it does not like AA fields as well as some others that I decided to sell it, as we have to use these in our league...It really was accurate at the ranges I am limited to in my garden, one hole being the norm, and easily as good as my TX at bell ranges, but am happy that it also shoots well at longer ranges. I had heard some misgivings about the Chambers "green" tuning kits, but in this gun anyway it was a transformation. The accuracy was there beforehand, but it took a bit of fettling to get it shoot smoothly.
    I know many people do not give the Mercury a high regard, but as you have now seen a good example with some time spent on pellet selection can hold it's own with most stuff out there in the right hands

If you have any older Wasps, or some Webley GP's (see Chris!)...you will be surprised at how it goes with period pellets as well, try the "eyes shut" test and concentrate on the shot cycle with the two mentioned, It seems smoother to me, although I can't comment on ranges over 20 yards with these pellets.

ATB, Ed

Hi Ed

I do have some Webley GP's which I haven't tried yet so I will give them a go at long range.

We now have 6 benches set up under cover on our 50 yd air rifle range at Leics & District (Dowry Hill) and we may well need another couple for the summer, as shooting spring powered rifles at 50 yds is very popular at the club

We have the full spectrum of springers between us including the AA TX's and Prosports, new Walther LGV's, HW 35's, 55's, 77's, 97's and 98's in both cals., FWB 124's as well as the older BSA's and new and older Webleys.

It is interesting that there is very little difference between the accuracy of most of the full power guns as long as a consistent hold is used and the shooter is familiar with the guns trigger pull and a bit of pellet testing has been carried out. But the .177 rifles consistently beat the corresponding .22 version by about 15mm in group size at 50 yds.
    My own Mercury Mk3 isn't the only good one in the club. Another member Andy D has an early .177 Mercury with a pinned breech that is surprisingly accurate. He has just had his TX200 (.177) completely modified by Nick Murphy (of Zenith and FT fame) with major internal changes including an alloy piston with a different stroke and it will be interesting to see how this performs at long range.

A couple of our members are using springers in the UKBR22 - 50 yard Winter benchrest postal and are doing very well.
    ATB
    john
    hold me back !!

Another collectors club meeting will take place on Saturday afternoon the 15 Feb (11 am to 5 pm) at the RBL Club Melbourne (DE73 1FL)
    Got my pocket money ready in case anything catches my eye!