Neil and Powderfinger
Thats exactly the point I'm trying to make, we as a club have begged, borowed, and scrimped to raise money to get kit to supply to new shooters, these clothing rule changes have at a stroke made much of it non compliant and also killed the route of cheap second hand kit for begginers as its no point buying it as much of it is is now illegal. Yes, I want international shooting to progress, but by this action the ISSF have seriously hampered the grass roots of the sport. And yes much of the new rules also impact those who wish to shoot international smallbore.
It cost us £100 to have just my wifes jacket altered to the new rules as the seam was not to the new ISSF rules, it offered no advantage how it was, the change was just on a whim of a jobsworth, a man who does not or has ever shot rifle! The change was not even discussed by the ISSF athletes committee, they found out as we did when it was announced.
Those of you that know my wife (look for the short blonde lady in the pink and purple shooting suit at the British Airgun), she will show you an example of British jobsworth which she carries in her shooting bag. Her jacket had been used in matches in Britain, Holland, Germany, and Austria, last year the jacket was failed at the ESSU championships where she was shooting prone. To pass we had to cut a sliver of leather 1 mm wide and 20 mm long from the top corner of the pocket!!!!! She now carries it as a symbol of "only in Britain!"
Last year at the British Airgun on the Friday, as coach for our club I spent several hours helping before we got three new shooters through Equipment control, two were teenagers shooting classes C and D, due to the massive queue's John Lloyd (NSRA) wisely eventualy scrapped clothing EC on aggregate only shooters, and I hope he does the same this year otherwise we will not be able to enter new shooters using older club kit.
This really is my last post on this thread!!!