Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Semolina as a filling

Quote Originally Posted by Zero58 View Post
    Thanks for info on cork sheeting.My range won't allow wad cutters only round balls or rounded conical I don't know why before my time at this club I'll bear in mind your advice as I stumble along this new path in are hobby thank you for advise best regards Frank
    You are confusing wad cutters for cutting felt wads and wadcutter bullets. Wadcutter bullets cut holes in linotex wheras nonwadcutters should cause less damage allowing the self sealing properties of the linotex to take effect.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

As Mr Coal notes above, you are confungling a wad cutter - see https://www.peterdyson.co.uk/acatalog/D3438.JPG - a small tool that you place on your wad material [felt, card, WYW] and hit with a hammer or mallet, producing a round wad, and a wadcutter bullet. This is shaped with a perfectly circular and flat nose, looking rather like a tin of beans, and is specifically designed to cut a well-defined circular hole in the target [and Linotex, too, sadly].

Google each, like I did, to see the difference.

tac

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeless Coal View Post
    You are confusing wad cutters for cutting felt wads and wadcutter bullets. Wadcutter bullets cut holes in linotex wheras nonwadcutters should cause less damage allowing the self sealing properties of the linotex to take effect.
    Thanks for statement as you know I'm new to all this I've master the Charles More well at 25 meters rather chuffed to bits with it it shoots superbly just a minor adjustment on rear sight was all that was needed to bring her down to the X thanks again from Frank
    Ex Royal Navy Retired have fun while it lasts."I Do"
    B.S.A.R Member

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    As Mr Coal notes above, you are confungling a wad cutter - see https://www.peterdyson.co.uk/acatalog/D3438.JPG - a small tool that you place on your wad material [felt, card, WYW] and hit with a hammer or mallet, producing a round wad, and a wadcutter bullet. This is shaped with a perfectly circular and flat nose, looking rather like a tin of beans, and is specifically designed to cut a well-defined circular hole in the target [and Linotex, too, sadly].

Google each, like I did, to see the difference.

tac
    Thanks tac fully understand what a blonker I am must be my brain retiring to wad cutter of course I even have one and my own wool felt for some reason I thought they were called a felt punch still all new to me and yet again the site members have put me on the right track again thanks for your post from Frank
    B.S.A.R Member

Home made felt punch/wad cutter. put in a drill press with the depth set to not go right through by .5mm ish. slow speed and a smeer of olive oil on the cork helps with very neat wads up to 6mm thick.
    Cut a row then pop out.work with about 8" square at a time as the cork is usually curved from packing

Quote Originally Posted by lostcat View Post
    Home made felt punch/wad cutter. put in a drill press with the depth set to not go right through by .5mm ish. slow speed and a smeer of olive oil on the cork helps with very neat wads up to 6mm thick.
    Cut a row then pop out.work with about 8" square at a time as the cork is usually curved from packing
    Thanks for post I'll give it a go Hmm what's a drill press . Is it a great big drill bit sort of thing Im out of my depth with tools as you can tell by posts above thanks from Frank
    B.S.A.R Member