Thread: Three Quarter Inch Scope Tube

Three Quarter Inch Scope Tube

I have a nice BSA scope with a horrible mount. Now the scope tube is 3/4" diameter and I would like a pair of suitable mounts - or a nice one piece as it is for an old springer - but I can't seem to find anything anywhere!

Any ideas?
    Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I have a fetish for the Nikko Stirling 4x28 Tiara scope that was sold in the 60s and 70s. It has an odd 7/8" tube. The scope mounts on one of them was completely knackered, and this size of mount are unobtainable. Annus horriblis you might think. But no, you can get reducer rings from American gun accessory shop Brownells online. They were not very cheap - £18 or something - but they are well made and it means the scope can be remounted in any 1" scope rings.

If yours is 7/8 I have got a spare set I can sell you, but if they are 3/4 then have a look on Brownells, they should have something.

Halfway down the page. $19 plus post.

http://www.brownells.com/optics-moun...prod18588.aspx

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Parker Hale used to make mounts in 3/4". They pop up on the Bay every so often, but prices can get silly for anything Parker Hale on there. I picked up a pair not so long back for about £20, but have seen them go for more.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

A 1" mount and some strips of black rubber.

It's not like you're mounting it on a .30-06 is it?

Be like a Dampa mount, only better

3/4 mounts

I've used the pressed steel 3/4" mounts you get on all those old 4 x20 Nikko Stirling cheapies. You might get a tatty old 'scope with mounts for a fiver or so. I use them on a 1960's Weaver 4 x. As they slide over the tube to fit you need to unscrew the eyepiece first ( and objective lens if its bigger than 3/4" ). They should be strong enough as long as the clamp threads aren't boogered.

torrens
    Last edited by torrens; 10-02-2014 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I have a fetish for the Nikko Stirling 4x28 Tiara scope that was sold in the 60s and 70s. It has an odd 7/8" tube. The scope mounts on one of them was completely knackered, and this size of mount are unobtainable. Annus horriblis you might think. But no, you can get reducer rings from American gun accessory shop Brownells online. They were not very cheap - £18 or something - but they are well made and it means the scope can be remounted in any 1" scope rings.

If yours is 7/8 I have got a spare set I can sell you, but if they are 3/4 then have a look on Brownells, they should have something.

Halfway down the page. $19 plus post.

http://www.brownells.com/optics-moun...prod18588.aspx
    Just a heads up, the reducers are priced with a sterling price of £14.45 for the 3/4" to 1" inch plus postage UK @ £5.99
    Hw77+7

Hi,
    Try Ant Supplies, he has mounts for different tube sizes,

The Crosman 4 x 15 scope that came with the 2250 ratcatcher has a 3/4" tube and the mounts are much better than the pressed steel types. There must be loads of unwanted ones around although new ones cost very little.
    Daz

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    the OP is probably sorted by now
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.