Thread: Time to call time and retire from being a mod …

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Unhappy Time to call time and retire from being a mod …

This has not been an easy decision to reach, and I have been mulling it over for several weeks now, but as the 5th Anniversary of becoming a forum moderator approaches (March 6th to be exact), I feel the time is now right for me to hand back my moderator's super-hero yellow cape and orange over-pants.

The reasons for this decision are all time related, as holding down two jobs while also finding as much time as possible to see my three kids (they live primarily with their Mum / my ex), coupled with me also wanting to actually enjoy using the BBS as a punter, and still squeeze in a bit of recreational shooting, means I can no longer find the time needed to execute my share of the forum’s moderator duties (approx three hours a day) correctly, and so I feel the time is now right for me to stand down.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working for the Air Gun BBS as a forum moderator with the rest of the moderating and admin team (a crackin’ bunch of blokes), and hope that my contributions have been of some value to both the forum itself, and the membership in general (although I know of a few people who will be glad to see me go ) …

I will officially step down at midnight on March 7th, at which point I will relinquish my key to the mods secret lounge bar, hand back my yellow cape and orange over-pants (reckon I’ll miss them, the most ??? ), give back my mod cyber tool box of special buttons, and return to being a regular BBS member.

A definite up-side of resigning, however, is that after the 7th, I will never again have to venture into the Members Only area unless I actually want to, and can’t see that happening any time soon ().

Thank you to the many who have offered and given me their help and support over the past five years, it has all been truly appreciated (copy of this thread also posted in the Non Air Gun section, too, as most who regularly go to NAG, seldom visit Collectors Corner).

Cheers: Gareth W-B.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 02-03-2014 at 09:42 AM. Reason: coz I can :-D

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.