Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another 'Improved mod D' with straight hand stock!!

Thumbs up Another 'Improved mod D' with straight hand stock!!

Hi all

I will be buying this at the weekend, I offered £100-£120 depending upon what it's like in reality (photo's can be a world away from what a gun actually is like )

Pic 1

Pic 2

The owner was happy with the offer I made, Did I offer about the right price or too much/little for the gun??

He said it shoots fine but isn't perfect!! At a hundred and six years old I wouldn't expect it to be (i'm half it's age and am in a worse state!! )

Sorry about the pics, they were all that were put up!!

Luckily the chap is in my home town and was given the gun but he has no interest in vintage stuff

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

You lucky man!

I'm no expert on these things, but as long as it's even half right, it's got to be worth that and more.

Nice one!

P.S. Got the 140. Will have to get it working (hoping it's just the pump seal). But boingers are my thing, really, so if you ever get the boiling bol&£ks for a 140 and you have a nice little Cadet / Merlin handy, would always be happy to do something!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    You lucky man!

I'm no expert on these things, but as long as it's even half right, it's got to be worth that and more.

Nice one!

P.S. Got the 140. Will have to get it working (hoping it's just the pump seal). But boingers are my thing, really, so if you ever get the boiling bol&£ks for a 140 and you have a nice little Cadet / Merlin handy, would always be happy to do something!

Cheers Tony

Someone on fleabay is selling just the pump head seals for around £8, can't remember if that includes postage or not

Can't wait 'til the weekend as I love these old Beesas!!

I may get the valve repaired on the Stealth I bought at the weekend an then move it on as I already have one!!

Also, I my be buying two Ripleys in a few weeks, my mate said that are the best stocks that he's ever seen on an airgun

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Worth it

Looks as if it's worth every penny. At least the stock has not been re finished/sanded Show us some piccys John when you have had it a week or two.
    Nice one.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Cheers Tony

Someone on fleabay is selling just the pump head seals for around £8, can't remember if that includes postage or not

Can't wait 'til the weekend as I love these old Beesas!!

I may get the valve repaired on the Stealth I bought at the weekend an then move it on as I already have one!!

Also, I my be buying two Ripleys in a few weeks, my mate said that are the best stocks that he's ever seen on an airgun

John
    Wow, that little lot is going to keep you busy!

I love them old Beesas too, but I've NEVER owned one....one day, one day!

Will look for the pump head seal...I only managed to have a really quick look last night and saw some seal kits at £35, but would rather not spend that much if it not requires the pump head.

Will have a look.....

Are you going to bring some of your lovely old ones to the Gathering?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dunkley View Post
    Looks as if it's worth every penny. At least the stock has not been re finished/sanded Show us some piccys John when you have had it a week or two.
    Nice one.
    Absolutely, yes please!

Whats happend to the freebie train, has it not stoped at your house today by the way nice gun nice price.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post

Hi all

I will be buying this at the weekend, I offered £100-£120 depending upon what it's like in reality (photo's can be a world away from what a gun actually is like )

Pic 1

Pic 2

Jammy Git (http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-mod-days-with) Ha ha. Well found my friend. If you hear of another, do please let me know. ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Looks like a beaut

And a fine price

What do you do??? drive round with a big sign " airgun rehoming"

More jam than Hartleys, you'll have to let us in on your secret when you can't fit anymore in the house!!!

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    I tell you its his whiskers, they're like a cats he can feel them, Hiya John, you jammy sod, when are you going to let me have one of those old beauties eh?

Gary's right it should be Golden Knacks.

Still trying to get over with the S.
    I'm still off down to Newark and I think I have a seat spare if you want it.

C
    Mel

well done john,very nice piece of wood on that and i do like those straight hand stocks.i know it's not allowed but it would great cleaned up. atb

Hello John,

Looks like a bargain to me. I much prefer the straight hand stocks on Improved Mod Ds, which strangely seem a lot harder to source than the pistol grip rifles these days, given that they were the cheaper alternative when new.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello John,

Looks like a bargain to me. I much prefer the straight hand stocks on Improved Mod Ds, which strangely seem a lot harder to source than the pistol grip rifles these days, given that they were the cheaper alternative when new.

Regards

Brian
    Hi Brian,

I think the main point is the guns were supplied with the 'Pistolhand' stock as standard, however the 'Straight hand' stock could be ordered at the time of purchase.If you didnt positively change to 'straighthand' stock, you got the 'Pistolhand' automatically. Most dealers would have probably sold 75% of their guns with the standard stock choice. So that probably explains why there seem to be so many more 'Pistolhand' stocks than 'Straighthand' stocks- even though the Straighthand were cheaper.

Lakey

Well done John!!!

That is a LOVELY bit of timber on that stock. With a good clean, that figuring will shine through. Lovely

You just gotta love those old BSA's.

Lakey

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    NICE JOB John , well done Mate.

John,
    “An airgun or two”………