Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to call time and retire from being a mod …

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Unhappy Time to call time and retire from being a mod …

This has not been an easy decision to reach, and I have been mulling it over for several weeks now, but as the 5th Anniversary of becoming a forum moderator approaches (March 6th to be exact), I feel the time is now right for me to hand back my moderator's super-hero yellow cape and orange over-pants.

The reasons for this decision are all time related, as holding down two jobs while also finding as much time as possible to see my three kids (they live primarily with their Mum / my ex), coupled with me also wanting to actually enjoy using the BBS as a punter, and still squeeze in a bit of recreational shooting, means I can no longer find the time needed to execute my share of the forum’s moderator duties (approx three hours a day) correctly, and so I feel the time is now right for me to stand down.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working for the Air Gun BBS as a forum moderator with the rest of the moderating and admin team (a crackin’ bunch of blokes), and hope that my contributions have been of some value to both the forum itself, and the membership in general (although I know of a few people who will be glad to see me go ) …

I will officially step down at midnight on March 7th, at which point I will relinquish my key to the mods secret lounge bar, hand back my yellow cape and orange over-pants (reckon I’ll miss them, the most ??? ), give back my mod cyber tool box of special buttons, and return to being a regular BBS member.

A definite up-side of resigning, however, is that after the 7th, I will never again have to venture into the Members Only area unless I actually want to, and can’t see that happening any time soon ().

Thank you to the many who have offered and given me their help and support over the past five years, it has all been truly appreciated (copy of this thread also posted in the Non Air Gun section, too, as most who regularly go to NAG, seldom visit Collectors Corner).

Cheers: Gareth W-B.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 02-03-2014 at 09:42 AM. Reason: coz I can :-D

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    This has not been an easy decision to reach, and I have been mulling it over for several weeks now, but as the 5th Anniversary of becoming a forum moderator approaches (March 6th to be exact), I feel the time is now right for me to hand back my moderator's super-hero yellow cape and orange over-pants.

The reasons for this decision are all time related, as holding down two jobs while also finding as much time as possible to see my three kids (they live primarily with their Mum / my ex), coupled with me also wanting to actually enjoy using the BBS as a punter, and still squeeze in a bit of recreational shooting, means I can no longer find the time needed to execute my share of the forum’s moderator duties (approx three hours a day) correctly, and so I feel the time is now right for me to stand down.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working for the Air Gun BBS as a forum moderator with the rest of the moderating and admin team (a crackin’ bunch of blokes), and hope that my contributions have been of some value to both the forum itself, and the membership in general (although I know of a few people who will be glad to see me go ) …

I will officially step down at midnight on March 7th, at which point I will relinquish my key to the mods secret lounge bar, hand back my yellow cape and orange over-pants (reckon I’ll miss them, the most ??? ), give back my mod cyber tool box of special buttons, and return to being a regular BBS member.

A definite up-side of resigning, however, is that after the 7th, I will never again have to venture into the Members Only area unless I actually want to, and can’t see that happening any time soon ().

Thank you to the many who have offered and given me their help and support over the past five years, it has all been truly appreciated (copy of this thread also posted in the Non Air Gun section, too, as most who regularly go to NAG, seldom visit Collectors Corner).
    Sorry to hear you're going Gareth, in the little time I have been a member, and being a computer novice, you have helped me out of a couple of quandaries, thank you again and enjoy your future freedom.

ATB

Mel
    aka Chippendale (with clothes on)

Two jobs and three hours a day on the forum . five years is a good stint !! Hope they let you keep your uniform .

retire

Sorry to hear of your retirement from being a mod,in this respect you will be sorely missed,a sentiment that I feel will be shared by a majority of the membership,and I thank you for all that you have done for me personally,and your not inconsiderable part in making the BBS the forum that it is,best wishes Gareth,Den.

bigred1 is offline Hello, hello, hello, how low?
    Fair shout, thanks for all the effort you've put in.

Flippin eck, that 5 years went quick. I remember well when your yellow cape was new and crisp. I also seem to remember the orange pants were red back then, obviously over used and faded to orange now

Well done and thanks for your stint in the lounge but you do realise you've got to buy your own biscuits now

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    As per my PM, Gareth - I wish you all the very best, and hope the future brings Good Things!
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Hi Gareth, I don't blame you really. It's a major commitment by you and your fellow Mods. Without wishing to sound condescending I have admired your sense of fair-play in your duties as a Mod (or Rocker) and we all thank you.

Lay back, think of England and have fun.

Best wishes Phil.

ps, I corrected your post for you.

hand back my yellow cape and orange over-pants (reckon I’ll piss them, the most ??? )

Quote Originally Posted by Prone Shooter View Post

Well done and thanks for your stint in the lounge but you do realise you've got to buy your own biscuits now.

Bob

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post

ps, I corrected your post for you.

hand back my yellow cape and orange over-pants (reckon I’ll piss them, the most ??? )

All the best Gareth, and thanks for everything
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

Thanks for all the time and energy you have dedicated to this place

Waylander

I shall stand by my phone awaiting the call- cometh the hour cometh the man !

Thanks for your help in the past, Gareth - and very best wishes for the future

5 years is a good innings!

I saw the card they sent you from the NAG section I just hope nobody from over there, is going to be moderating over here!

ATB - Phil

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    Best wishes Gareth, and thank you for all your efforts with the forum.
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Sorry to hear you're passing the baton on... Even though we've never met, you've always struck me as being a straight-up and decent sort of chap - well done with all you've achieved in keeping us monkeys under control & enjoy the rest