Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to call time and retire from being a mod …

Nowhere near that place I'm not allowed to mention
    Quote Originally Posted by learningcurve View Post
    Best wishes Gareth, and thank you for all your efforts with the forum.
    Seconded. Good luck for the future.

Very sorry to hear this Gareth - though pleased for you, of course.

You have always been the more moderate of the Mods and your steadying influence has, I am sure, helped to maintain a balanced approach to the difficult task of maintaining order.

I hope that you will continue to make your valuable contributions to the "Gentleman's" section as a regular BBS member.

ATB,
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

You have always been the more moderate of the Mods and your steadying influence has, I am sure, helped to maintain a balanced approach to the difficult task of maintaining order.

I hope that you will continue to make your valuable contributions to the "Gentleman's" section as a regular BBS member.

ATB,
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

I don't know how you found the time for it all Gareth , I am retired and don't think I could fit it all in if I was offered it , enjoy your extra free time now
    Im sure we will still be seeing you fairly frequently on the forum though
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post

ATB,
    I'll second this

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

I always thought it must have been some committment modding here, but I didn't expect 3 hours a day, which is an awful chunk out of your life.
    It is very much appreciated, have a good retirement.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Well done and thanks for all the hard work.

Enjoy the 'after mod' - I wonder how long the moderator reflex will take to die off?

Hi Gareth,

I would just like to add my appreciation to that already expressed for the time and commitment you have selflessly volunteered to help this forum remain the success that it has become. As with football referees etc, the mark of a good moderator is that they remain largely invisible until needed to mediate or enforce the rules without which we would not have the polite (largely) sensible and useful resource we have today.

Try to devote the additional free time to something you will enjoy rather than to the benefit of others for a change.

Regards

Brian

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Gentlemen, I am genuinely touched by all your kind words. Many thanks. Going off line now, however, as I have a set of chalk animal targets to decimate at my plinking range.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Gentlemen, I am genuinely touched by all your kind words. Many thanks. Going off line now, however, as I have a set of chalk animal targets to decimate at my plinking range.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

BigEars Guest
    Thanks for all the work you've put in, I'm sure the sensible folk appreciate it.

Hi Gareth, thanks for your hard work, patience, consistency and commitment to what we all know is a superb forum. To say its users are "unique" is an understatement! Best Regards always
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

Tank is offline Fat things go slowly up hills
    Thank you for all your time Gareth. I can imagine it can be a mite taxing keeping the forum in order so thanks for your hard work and effort. I hope you enjoy being a regular member again.
    'What is the most frustrating thing about Police work?',(Commandant Lassard)
    'Not being able to carry hand grenades Sir',(Tackleberry).

ggggr is online now part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

A definite up-side of resigning, however, is that after the 7th, I will never again have to venture into the Members Only area unless I actually want to, and can’t see that happening any time soon ().

Thank you to all who have offered and given me their help and support over the past five years, it has all been truly appreciated (copy of this thread also posted in the Collectors section, too, as most who operate in there seldom visit this bit, and visa versa).

Cheers: Gareth W-B.
    Gareth didn't they tell you??? Any Mod who hands back the keys has to spend 3 months posting solely in the Members only section before they can pick up the "Golden slippers", lifetime supply of chocolate digestives and a bottle of decent malt whisky and enter the "gentleman's section" (that is the collectable section for the rest of you.)

The chair by the fire awaits you
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

well done gareth enjoy your free time now you have earned it, all the best gra