Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gun racks

gun racks

basicly running out of space to store my rifles anyone on here make rifle racks at all I do have 2- 8 gun cabbinets bolted to the wall that house my Brocock Tac revolver and my one shot gun, the rest of the space are my rifles then 2 racks on the wall and a free standing rack on castors that hold 25 rifles, so fast running out of space never mind theres allways the spare bedroom

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Item no. 181349407204 on the bay.

Dave

thank you will take a look.

I bought a couple of those 4 shelf pine storage racks, you know the type that Argos etc. sell. I built them up, lay them on their side and left out a few of the slats. Hey presto - gun racks.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...l?sort=6&o=176

HTH
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 08-04-2014 at 02:18 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

tanks Ian thats a good idea.

I've always fancied a rack like item 191124923662

Very cool.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    No accounting for taste.

Dave

I made a rifle rack from one long piece of timber last year. It holds nine rifles, free standing design with small cut-outs for the rifle barrels to slot in.Only took about two days. Very simple to make and cost me about £15 and that included the wood stain.

Troy

Quote Originally Posted by sniper24687066 View Post
    I made a rifle rack from one long piece of timber last year. It holds nine rifles, free standing design with small cut-outs for the rifle barrels to slot in.Only took about two days. Very simple to make and cost me about £15 and that included the wood stain.

Troy
    wish I had your skill Troy,me I have a knackerd arm/hand and the tech ability of a slug

If you want to hang them on the wall, just put up single slot shelving but leave out the shelves just use the brackets, appropriately padded of course.

This sort of thing

http://img.frbiz.com/nimg/3f/6b/0bd0...re_welcome.jpg

Buy the shortest brackets possible.

I used some rubber safe-edging strip on the upper edges of the brackets.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    If you want to hang them on the wall, just put up single slot shelving but leave out the shelves just use the brackets, appropriately padded of course.

This sort of thing

http://img.frbiz.com/nimg/3f/6b/0bd0...re_welcome.jpg

Buy the shortest brackets possible.

I used some rubber safe-edging strip on the upper edges of the brackets.
    thanks another very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    basicly running out of space to store my rifles anyone on here make rifle racks at all I do have 2- 8 gun cabbinets bolted to the wall that house my Brocock Tac revolver and my one shot gun, the rest of the space are my rifles then 2 racks on the wall and a free standing rack on castors that hold 25 rifles, so fast running out of space never mind theres allways the spare bedroom
    Dear Fatman,
    Clearly you have too many and is causing you frustration and headaches. If you give me those 25 on the mobile rack, problem of lack of space solved, you won't miss them as you seem to have too many. No need to dabble in woodwork or get ripped off by a dodgy carpenter - you will feel much better for it and as a bonus, you will have peace of mind knowing they will be well looked after. Whilst I have custody, you will be granted access to see them now and again.....

Best regards to all!

Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    Dear Fatman,
    Clearly you have too many and is causing you frustration and headaches. If you give me those 25 on the mobile rack, problem of lack of space solved, you won't miss them as you seem to have too many. No need to dabble in woodwork or get ripped off by a dodgy carpenter - you will feel much better for it and as a bonus, you will have peace of mind knowing they will be well looked after. Whilst I have custody, you will be granted access to see them now and again.....

Best regards to all!
    Hang on!

Haven't you and the black widow got enough already? Hoist by your own petard!

ATVB, Mick

P.S. Don't tell me that was just a story!
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post
    Hang on!

Haven't you and the black widow got enough already? Hoist by your own petard!

ATVB, Mick

P.S. Don't tell me that was just a story!
    Dear Mick,
    How did you remember that encounter? Hell, my Shredded Wheat had a kind of metallic taste this morning.....

All the very best to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    Dear Fatman,

Best regards to all!
    thamks for youre "kind offer" I think