Thread: ballistic calculators for long range airgun shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ballistic calculators for long range airgun shooting

I am sure long range air gunners can help me with this. I used a number of different ballistic calculators and found that nearly all of them for the same ammo and conditions give different data, confused which one to trust. And after printing few tables I did some test shooting and result I got do not match with any BC, very confusing.

Do you guys use BC for drop calculations or finding out hold over / under by shooting at different distances and making your own tables?

Quote Originally Posted by svds View Post
    I am sure long range air gunners can help me with this. I used a number of different ballistic calculators and found that nearly all of them for the same ammo and conditions give different data, confused which one to trust. And after printing few tables I did some test shooting and result I got do not match with any BC, very confusing.

Do you guys use BC for drop calculations or finding out hold over / under by shooting at different distances and making your own tables?
    ChairGun is supposed to be amazing. I witnessed a gent using it the other night and he was shooting really well.

Worth a look, and is available on smartphones (ios/android).

Free as well from memory..

I have found chairgun to be a very useful tool. It is indeed free !
    After trying a few distances with the same zero on my scope, as was in chair-gun - the POI calculation seemed pretty spot on (couldn't go over 25m though)

I've tried chairgun on the PC and it worked fairly well, but Im using Strelok now which also matches reality pretty well and has better interface for small android devices.

using any method for calculating BC will still only be a rough guide at best!! as the same ammo from a different barrel will give a different result.The calculations of the manufacturers as printed in Chairgun are an average only,and never exact.These will however get you as near as you really need to be in the real world.Chairgun will get you 95% of the way and you simply fine tune for your own shooting, by trial and error.
    [URL=http://www.ukchineseairgunforum.org.uk/index.php[/URL]

When refined by using muzzle velocity data it gets pretty close - definitely a useful learning tool if nothing else.