Thread: Tell 3

Tell 3

Please let me know by PM or email if you have one of these to sell. Thank you.

Anyone else viewing this thread who's interested, see here for a close up of the strange Tell logo, showing William Tell, apple and arrow at his feet, cocking a massive break barrel air rifle after (presumably) abandoning his bow. It makes the Diana logo, which shows the goddess of the hunt having cast down her bow in favour of an airgun, look positively well drawn.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/68145...1920974/Tell+3

Edit: I just read that it's William Tell's son holding the air rifle which would explain (a) why the rifle is so big - ie. he is small - and (b) why the apple and arrow are lying at his feet. (source: John Atkins, Air Gunner, November '09)
    Last edited by Garvin; 26-08-2014 at 07:43 PM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Please let me know by PM or email if you have one of these to sell. Thank you.

Anyone else viewing this thread who's interested, see here for a close up of the strange Tell logo, showing William Tell, apple and arrow at his feet, cocking a massive break barrel air rifle after (presumably) abandoning his bow. It makes the Diana logo, which shows the goddess of the hunt having cast down her bow in favour of an airgun, look positively well drawn.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/68145...1920974/Tell+3
    Puts me in mind of Cerne Abbas Man*, but better dressed and less well endowed.

ATVB, Mick

*Not to be confused with Abbas Major Man.
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .