Guys,

A little advice please. Technical if you think it'd help, or general advice on how you'd proceed if you were me.

I have a .177 Airwolf MVT. It has never worked properly, despite having been back to Daystate at least 3 times during it's lifetime. I work away from home a lot, and don't shoot the thing regularly. Have taken it out again recently now I'm home for a bit and it's still the same enfuriating piece of excrement it's always been.

When set at 780fps, it rarely gets above 750. Usually hovers around 730. Sometime throws in a 760.

I own two Daystate Mk3s, one in .22, and one in .177. The .22 goes from 570 up to 575fps and back to 570 over about 70 shots in single fps jumps. It's metronomic. A perfect rifle. The .177 does similarly. The MVT jumps 40 fps in a single shot. Pathetic performance.

I can't sell the thing. In writing this post I've earmarked it as blacklisted, and more to the point I'm not enough of a to palm off a rifle this bad onto some poor unsuspecting bastard.

When the rifle was back at Daystate it had updated software, a new board (I think), and a clean bill of health. A test string to prove it did ten shots at 780. And as soon as it's home and into the field, it messes the bed again.

Considering this is a £1300 supergun that is consistent outperformed by two £300 rifles, and probably by a bloody catapult, what do you guys think is a realistic way to proceed?

Send it to them and don't accept it back until it's fixed for good? Use it as a melee weapon?