Thread: Can anyone recommend a pellet for a FWB 127

Can anyone recommend a pellet for a FWB 127

Been tinkering with the trigger to get a bit more consistency as I am struggling to get reasonable groups. I started out using JSB exact heavy's in 5.52 and switched to superdomes, which gave an improvement, but with the odd flier. So before I part with some more pocket money, I wondered what anyone else is using?

127 pellet

air arms field seem best in mine.they are not cheap though. atb

5.52 jsb / air arms are brilliant in mine. I'd check the barrel lock up too if you've changed the breech seal. The 'normal' o ring breech seal is slightly too thick & causes poi changes dependent on how hard or soft you close the breech. If you're getting vertical poi shifts, the breech seal is worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by p.sharp View Post
    5.52 jsb / air arms are brilliant in mine. I'd check the barrel lock up too if you've changed the breech seal. The 'normal' o ring breech seal is slightly too thick & causes poi changes dependent on how hard or soft you close the breech. If you're getting vertical poi shifts, the breech seal is worth a shot.
    Aah, this is what could be happening as my POI is changing vertically. Did you replace the breech seal? If so, what with?

I actually kept the o ring, but parred away some of the material with a Stanley knife until it sat a touch lower in the recess. Obviously the rough side faces down once you've trimmed it & the untouched side does the sealing

Fwb 127

Quote Originally Posted by p.sharp View Post
    I actually kept the o ring, but parred away some of the material with a Stanley knife until it sat a touch lower in the recess. Obviously the rough side faces down once you've trimmed it & the untouched side does the sealing
    Try the gun through a chrono, fps variation should be in single figures for a well tuned gun!

Quote Originally Posted by isobar View Post
    air arms field seem best in mine.they are not cheap though. atb
    yes thats what my series 2 likes.

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    yes thats what my series 2 likes.
    5.52 says the sticky label on the bottom of the tin on mine.the rifle likes to be shot with a distinctly light hold also; if so is very accurate indeed. atb

Quote Originally Posted by isobar View Post
    5.52 says the sticky label on the bottom of the tin on mine.the rifle likes to be shot with a distinctly light hold also; if so is very accurate indeed. atb
    yes light hold, like your holding a Lady

Superfield

I've been using Superfields, but have still not got to grips with it, they seem to go everywhere! It's probably me, however, I seem to do okay with my TX200 (using AA and JSB exacts)

Pellets

Mine loved Superdomes

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Dilks View Post
    Mine loved Superdomes
    yes the old ones, but when I got a batch about a year back the guns I had allways used them in hated that batch so I switched and found the |Air Arms suited most of my HW,s My Anschutz 335,and my sport 127

I use Falcon accuracy plus in my mk1 and it performs really well.
    Les..

My FWB heart RWS

Mine shot brilliantly with the old Superdomes. Haven't tried it with the new ones.

Hobbys have always been great in it out to 20-25 yards. Superpoints weren't bad either. It never did as well with any H&Ns.

In general, like a lot of fairly boingy springers, it seems to prefer lighter pellets. But my rose-tinted recollection is that it shot like a death ray with Mount Star/"Beeman" Silver Jets. Though probably only when wearing a surplus Italian army green "NATO" jacket, cords, and NI boots. Ah, the early 80s...

(I think I still have the NI boots somewhere!)

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Mine shot brilliantly with the old Superdomes. Haven't tried it with the new ones.

Hobbys have always been great in it out to 20-25 yards. Superpoints weren't bad either. It never did as well with any H&Ns.

In general, like a lot of fairly boingy springers, it seems to prefer lighter pellets. But my rose-tinted recollection is that it shot like a death ray with Mount Star/"Beeman" Silver Jets. Though probably only when wearing a surplus Italian army green "NATO" jacket, cords, and NI boots. Ah, the early 80s...

(I think I still have the NI boots somewhere!)
    I had one of them Italian jackets has well