Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Airgun Collector's Fair

Not much longer to wait now,

I am after a .22 barrel for a Webley Service, push button type.

Also a Beeman C1

If anyone has either to sell I will be there with cash, no postage to worry about and also a good day out, you may even find something you want yourself.

I will be wearing a name badge so look out for Karl.
    Last edited by GuizeAyose; 19-03-2015 at 12:41 PM.

Sorry to say but something un avoidable has come up for me on that hallowed day, which means I won't be able to take my stand, I really enjoyed the last two and hope to do it again next time. I'll wish you all a succesful day and my Tenner for the good cause will be in the post.
    Mel in Bishop Auckland.

Thanks for letting us know Mel, I've pm'ed you too.

Phil's on top of the planning, and there'll be a quick guide for sellers e-mailed out in the next week or so.

3 weeks to go...

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Would have been great to do both, just can't fit it all in (as the actress said.....
    For some strange reason the two day Boinger Bash event seems to get longer each time Pete --- at the last one I had folks here for six days.

Folks normally start arriving late Thursday morning so they're set up ready for the Thursday night curry.

And some of the attendees stay on until Tuesday night before packing up and leaving so making this a long weekend camping Holliday.

So if you want to drop in on your way home Pete please feel free to do so.

All the best Mick

melbourne fayre

A gentle lift to the top.

Just started on a list of items I want to move on and guns/bits I could be tempted to buy. Should be a good day.

John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    A gentle lift to the top.

Just started on a list of items I want to move on and guns/bits I could be tempted to buy. Should be a good day.

John
    That's what I just stated to do john. I got as far as

MK1 Airsporter

MK 2 Airsporter

BSA Superstar underlever

Boxed BSA Scorpion pistol

Webley Tracker

Theoben Scirocco

BSA Mercury

Then I forgot the others

Hi there really looking forward to the fayre. I attended last September & thoroughly enjoyed it. I've acquired an interest in bb pistols at the moment so hopefully someone will have some to sell!

Looking forward to this event.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thumbs up

I wish you all a great time at the Fair no doubt it will be another great day out. Sadly i won't be there due to an ongoing shoulder injury forcing me to give up shooting, but i still monitor the Gun websites to keep in touch, and there is some great guns coming to the Fair enjoy, ...mike...
    Last edited by mickson; 29-03-2015 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    For some strange reason the two day Boinger Bash event seems to get longer each time Pete --- at the last one I had folks here for six days.

Folks normally start arriving late Thursday morning so they're set up ready for the Thursday night curry.

And some of the attendees stay on until Tuesday night before packing up and leaving so making this a long weekend camping Holliday.

So if you want to drop in on your way home Pete please feel free to do so.

All the best Mick

Very kind of you Mick, I will check my timings

Looking forward to Melbourne,

Got a car full of crazed collectors looking for falke 80/90, webley service amongst any other surprises people have to offer.

The BBQ very nice last year, great food.

See you all there.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by barts101 View Post
    Looking forward to Melbourne,

Got a car full of crazed collectors looking for falke 80/90, webley service amongst any other surprises people have to offer.

The BBQ very nice last year, great food.

See you all there.

Dave
    Good news!

I'll be bringing 2 Webley Services.

And I concur regarding the food. The quality was above the all too common shamburgers while the price was lower - the sort of combination a Yorkshireman appreciates.

See you there, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

This will be the first one of these that I won't be able to attend. Hope everyone has a good time though!

Targ-Aire Pistols... Anyone got one?

I remember reading an article about these a long time ago, they're a quirky and unusual American pistol with a break-barrel action. The funny thing is with these that the cocking is like a ratchet, you can action the barrel once, twice or three times for low, medium and high power.

I like unusual things like this. I did see one once at a Birmingham arms fair but didn't have the cash, but I was wondering if anyone on here had one and would care to post opinions about it? I think they're pretty rare, but would be interested to know if anyone knew what calibres they were available in, or any other information. If anyone knows of one for sale I'd appreciate a heads up.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob, I'd never even heard of one of these until I read your post .

So, as ever the first port of call is Danny's excellent Vintage Airgun Gallery, and of course there's some info on these (VAG link) including the instructions for use in the "Boxed and tagged" supplementary link.

Fascinating, although if you operate the barrel 3 times Rob you may have difficulty shooting it.