Thread: New forum member

New forum member

Hello to you all!

I have been watching the forum for sometime now and found it to be very helpful in all aspects concerning airguns of all kinds. The atmosphere seems very friendly and I hope to find out more about our favorite hobby!

I live in Greece and think of myself as a simple airgun enthusiast, nothing else. My practical experience is undoubtedly much too limited compared with the majority of the forum members who live in the UK - this has mainly to do with the laws in my country which are very strict and absolute about the use of airguns of all types and power levels. Hunting or pest control is prohibited and there are no public officially certified shooting grounds or shooting ranges that will accept an airgun user with a sporting air rifle either for competition practice (Bench Rest, Field Target or HFT) or just for plinking (and having fun). The only permitted areas for the use of an airgun are the 10 m ranges of various clubs which are focused entirely on the Olympic airgun disciplines (meaning that the shooters are allowed to use only 10 m competition rifles and pistols of the known low power). Telescopic sights of all kinds and price levels are considered illegal too and their purchase and possesion has an element of danger. However we hope to be able to change this someday in the future through our efforts (with specified air gun forums, clubs etc).

I possess some spring air rifles and when I manage to find the time and the opportunity I use them just for plinking and training. I hope to be able to join the PCP club as soon as my finance can afford such an expense (I am patient).

Forgive me if my English are not "top notch" but I try to do my best with what I know.

Thank you for your acceptance!

Hello and welcome to the BBS

Hello mate .

And welcome to the forum .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    Hi and welcome.

Thank you all for your warm welcome !

Welcome mate

Hi, welcome to the forum. Very surprised to read about the limitations out there....

Enjoy BBS

Gary
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

Quote Originally Posted by sidesy View Post
    Hi, welcome to the forum. Very surprised to read about the limitations out there....

Enjoy BBS

Gary
    Hello to you too, unfortunately common logic has taken a definite divorce from reality and this applies to many other aspects of our life here, not only airguns.

However some people here insist and still dream, hope and make small efforts for something better in the future.