Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .410 reloading with domestic tools

Thanks Will, I'm still considering my options at the moment.. I like the e idea of brass as I'm already reloading .357 and .44... I was liking the .303 as I believe I can use pistol primers and I could probably make up the tooling for the press.
    Although I did watch some diy .410 reloading with sockets and nails etc.. and that too looks like fun for very little upfront spend..

I should probably buy the gun first 🤣🤣
    Donald

You can buy Magtec .410 brass in the UK now. It needs pistol primers though (I found rifle primers too much and occasionally the blew the full charge out without ignition).

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Thanks Will, I'm still considering my options at the moment.. I like the e idea of brass as I'm already reloading .357 and .44... I was liking the .303 as I believe I can use pistol primers and I could probably make up the tooling for the press.
    Although I did watch some diy .410 reloading with sockets and nails etc.. and that too looks like fun for very little upfront spend..

I should probably buy the gun first 🤣🤣
    The drawback with brass shells is getting a strong enough capping seal to give nitro something to properly push against and build up pressure, and if something to substantial is used to cap off, like a wad, the tendency is that it disrupts the pattern and is often shown as a 'cartwheel' print.

I prefer to use black powder as it is an explosive rather than an accelerant and the load only needs to be held within the case.

Once you've gone to the dark side, there is no return

"Once you've gone to the dark side, there is no return"

Is that ever true!
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi