Thread: webley mk3

webley mk3

hi all ,
    ive got a mk3 and i would like to find out how old it is it has the serial number F 941,it is in fantastic condition have not yet fired it yet,any infomation on the year would be great thanks mike

Hello Mike,

Reference sources state Webley Mk 3 Ser No F941 was made week ending 3rd May 1975 and was part of the 7th and last series of these fine air rifles.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 07-09-2015 at 05:05 PM.

webley

Hi brian, thankyou very much for the information cheers mike

webley MKIII

Mike hi, I think Brian had a misprint in his dating of your MKIII. The actual date is W/E 31/05/1975; the gun is in block 4 of 12 blocks of ten made that week; cal is shown as .22, gun made by 'Dave'. Most of the info regarding MKIII production from No. 44370 to end is from a 'day book' that originally belonged to me after the MkIII was discontinued and the book and many tools were given to me rather than be thrown in the bin. Hope this is of use to you. Apologies to Brian I think you just had a 'typo' and I was just adding correct info.
    ATVB to both
    abellringer

If I had a mk3 made by Dave I would be pleased.
    But then,of course, I would want to know all about him!

webley mk 3

hi thankyou for the extra info cheers mike

gingernut, you could get a MKIII by Dave, Jim or Joe, he's my preference as I knew him better than the others and he was the section charge hand, so his guns should have been better [maybe]. Being serious, there were lots of batches of MKIII's in the day book with peoples names put to them, why I don't know, but they are on record; I know there were three regular bench hands on the MKIII in the 70's but in some weeks the production was huge compared to most weeks and I know other sections workers were drafted in to achieve this as needed.
    ATVB
    abellringer

Mk3

I really like all the information that can be supplied on these guns through this site. My recent acquisition of an early '70's Mk3 was swiftly replied to when I asked for details.
    Production date & who built it - wonderful!

Many thanks

Bru

PS I had thought - due to cost cutting - that my '70's Mk3 would be inferior to my near mint '61 example. But it is just, if not more accurate, altho' the tap does not have the quality feel of the earlier one.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.