Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Spring/Summer MPL Postal Competition.

Two more entries just sent for the Pistol Bob

Best cheers
    George

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    This series was originated so that it could be shot at home - just like the original NARPA postal series all those years ago.

That is to not to say that you cannot shoot it at a club (if you are fortunate enough to be a member of a club that still caters for 6 yard shooting) but most MPL competitors shoot from home and often in the most unlikely of places!
    Thanks for the reply was kinda hoping that was going to be the answer
    I will sort out payment tonight and pm my details to you
    Thanks Craig

payment sent and pm'd with details
    Last edited by Paradox; 10-01-2016 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    Two more entries just sent for the Pistol Bob

Best cheers
    George

Thanks George,

The entry list is slowly growing - both in pistol and rifle entries - with any luck we could have more support than the 2015 series
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Check Thread #3

Please check thread #3 if you have entered the new 2016 Spring Summer MPL 6 yard Competition to make sure your name and details are correctly displayed and in the correct class ( or classes).

If your name is not displayed then maybe I have not had your entry yet?

Targets

Arrived today many thanks. Appreciated

Pack arrived today
    Many thanks
    Craig

It is nice to see some new entries still arriving for this competition!

Please keep them coming - it is never too late to enter and we really appreciate the support !

Please check thread #3 to make sure your name is correctly shown on the entry list......and if it is not there yet, I would be pleased to accept your entry as soon as you like

Pack arrived today, cheers.

Struggling to find the rules on here regarding where the stickers need to be placed, I've front/back of card, center for shoot though, etc etc, a lot of threads on the subject so guessing one must have em
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    Pack arrived today, cheers.

Struggling to find the rules on here regarding where the stickers need to be placed, I've front/back of card, center for shoot though, etc etc, a lot of threads on the subject so guessing one must have em
    Hi Nige,

Place the stickers centrally on the back of the target so you shoot through them.

This idea works well as long as you are close enough to the black bit in the middle when you shoot the card!

You could try putting the stickers centrally on the front of the target ........but it makes it tricky to score

I guess with a self scoring ( trust system) competition it makes very little difference where you put the sticker (within reason) but knowing it is fixed to the target is often worth - 2 points (or more) so having it on makes it a "pucka" match card

Welcome to the MPL

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Hi Nige,

Place the stickers centrally on the back of the target so you shoot through them.

This idea works well as long as you are close enough to the black bit in the middle when you shoot the card!

You could try putting the stickers centrally on the front of the target ........but it makes it tricky to score

I guess with a self scoring ( trust system) competition it makes very little difference where you put the sticker (within reason) but knowing it is fixed to the target is often worth - 2 points (or more) so having it on makes it a "pucka" match card

Welcome to the MPL
    Cheers Bob, obviously when I said the front I didn't actually mean across the center I figured shoot through was probably the method used, looking forward to having a go, reckon I've tamed the HW enough to shoot single handed now, I can see me having an even larger collection of pistols by the end of this
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

[QUOTE=nige346;6888521 I can see me having an even larger collection of pistols by the end of this [/QUOTE]

This disease that can cause additional purchase of spring powered and SSP air pistols is known as the MPL.

A similar strain of the MPL disease has also been known to affect air rifle shooters too.

Sadly there is no known cure and any attempt to find one would be strongly resisted

Bob,

As the Borg have said - resistance is futile

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

Come and Join Us !

We still have a few of our "regular" MPL shooters who have not yet renewed for this new season and the interest generally is good but we still hope a few more will join us and get a bit more use out of their classic air pistols and air rifles.

Where else can you get 6 months of 6 yard fun in a well organised national competition with your classic ?

Come and join us and get your entry in - all details at the start of this thread

Took my 1st 5 shots on a stickered card. Wish I hadn't. Guess I will need to get used to the pistol a lot more before shooting the remaining 5 for this month.... or take them down the club and use their FWB 100. The Gamo Compact has probably the worst trigger out of all the pistols I have used and it is the one I shoot the most inconsistently with. Might have to see if my RFD has any cheap pistols when I pick up the LP10E sometime next week.