Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Spring/Summer MPL Postal Competition.

Hi Dave,

I had a similar experience! I managed to put a few more pellets through my MP46M and was pretty happy with my practice groupings so I thought I would shoot this months cards. First competition card, not too bad... Then for the remaining cards, a developing pain in the wrist and wayward pellets!!

So for me it's not trigger issues it's the "out of the factory" condition of the grip. I'd read that they need work to make them fit but now I know that needs to be sooner rather than later!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave.N View Post
    Took my 1st 5 shots on a stickered card. Wish I hadn't. Guess I will need to get used to the pistol a lot more before shooting the remaining 5 for this month.... or take them down the club and use their FWB 100. The Gamo Compact has probably the worst trigger out of all the pistols I have used and it is the one I shoot the most inconsistently with. Might have to see if my RFD has any cheap pistols when I pick up the LP10E sometime next week.
    I have a hw40 that is pretty much new i would do it for 100 plus 10 postage comes with the box and instructions ect
    Let me know if your interested
    Cheers craig

Thanks for the offer. Might see about picking up the Beeman p17 as my rfd has it for sale for £55 when I pick up my LP10E midweek if I still cannot get on with it. I can write off £55 easier than £100. Will try and fire off a couple of hundred pellets over the weekend to see if improve with it. Just gotta make sure the other half is out when I do as she doesn't like me shooting indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave.N View Post
    Thanks for the offer. Might see about picking up the Beeman p17 as my rfd has it for sale for £55 when I pick up my LP10E midweek if I still cannot get on with it. I can write off £55 easier than £100. Will try and fire off a couple of hundred pellets over the weekend to see if improve with it. Just gotta make sure the other half is out when I do as she doesn't like me shooting indoors.
    If you get the chance to try a GAMO Centre underlever pistol this could be well worth a try.

It is a very good MPL pistol that many competitiors have done very well with in the 10 meter MPL competitions previously, so at 6 yards it will be even better - and not too expensive either!

An Original Model 5 is another good option to try but will probably cost more than the £55 you may be tempted to spend on the Beeman P17.

There are so many GAMO Centres about you may even find a tatty one for the same sort of money but if shoots well it could still be a good choice.
    Last edited by zooma; 16-01-2016 at 08:31 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Keep checking #3

Keep checking thread #3 to see the latest entry list and if your name is not there yet - send me your entry and join in the fun

Lets make this a bumper year for the MPL and use it to promote the original British airgun shooting distance of 6 yards - a very good and "user-friendly" distance that is possible to shoot in most homes/garages/lofts/cellars/gardens/hallways etc - and many other places too

6yds mpl pistol

hi all just shot my 6 yd pistol and here is a very good tip, don't set your sights up with H&N match rifle then pick up a tin of match pistol you will tend to miss a lot just like I did probably miss a lot with match rifle like but hey ho.

Gamo centre pistol

Hi Guys, i know this is not the place but i have a lovely centre pistol sitting in the cupboard under the stairs doing nothing, in the next few days, (as i am extremely busy on granddad duties at the moment) i will be pleased to sell to somebody to use in your comp. Nige knows me well from our club and i`m sure will vouch for my honesty, or even inspect the pistol on a club night, Fridays for you.
    I will try to get pics up and put it on the sale thread this week,
    thanks all,
    and enjoy your competition,
    martintheveg.

The way I shot with the HW45 tonight I may be tempted myself Martin

Quote Originally Posted by martintheveg View Post
    Hi Guys, i know this is not the place but i have a lovely centre pistol sitting in the cupboard under the stairs doing nothing, in the next few days, (as i am extremely busy on granddad duties at the moment) i will be pleased to sell to somebody to use in your comp. Nige knows me well from our club and i`m sure will vouch for my honesty, or even inspect the pistol on a club night, Fridays for you.
    I will try to get pics up and put it on the sale thread this week,
    thanks all,
    and enjoy your competition,
    martintheveg.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

centre pistol

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    The way I shot with the HW45 tonight I may be tempted myself Martin
    I've just sent you a pm nige , it is 2 a.m though !

I'll have a look Friday, of course the other option is to join the comp

Quote Originally Posted by martintheveg View Post
    I've just sent you a pm nige , it is 2 a.m though !
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    I'll have a look Friday, of course the other option is to join the comp
    Now that is a good idea

Hw45

Don't worry Nige I haven't shot my targets yet.I'm going to alternate my HW45 with my HW40.
    If I get more than one in the black I will be lucky!
    atb Glyn

Another new BBS member has joined the MPL rifle competition tonight!

Welcome to the MPL and the BBS Paul - I hope you enjoy shooting with us in the 6 yard postal competition

I have a couple more entry packs to prepare today/tomorrow - anyone else like one sending out while I am "on the case" ?

FAS 6004 For Sale.

One of our RMTC club members bought a new FAS 6004 about 4 months ago when he joined our club but has now decided that he would like to concentrate more on rifle shooting and so would like to sell it to help fund a match rifle.

The pistol shoots well at 10 meters and being so new it is probably one of the latest types that work as they should and has had no malfunctions or problems at all.

I mention it here as it would make a very good MPL pistol as it is recoil-less and has a nice trigger and may be of interest to somebody who is looking for a pistol like this.

If anyone would like this "as new" SSP match pistol please let me know so I can put you in contact with him.

The pistol can be inspected and shot at the RMTC club any Tuesday or Thursday evening - ask for Paul and he will be pleased to show it to you and let you shoot it.

The asking price seems very reasonable at £250 as it is a very good saving from the new cost but anyone interested can speak directly to him about the price and anything else to do with the sale.