Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Spring/Summer MPL Postal Competition.

Mpl

Thanks for your help Bob .Looking forward to the comp Regards Paul

Bart49:

trick cyclist has just joined the MPL pistol competition today - welcome aboard Richard - I hope you enjoy it and let us know how you get on!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Air Gunner

I have just received an email enquiry about the MPL rifle competition from somebody who has read about it in the Air Gunner magazine.

This has got to be good news and I hope we can promote this great fun competition in lots of other ways like this to bring more new entries along to join us and make the competition even more interesting

I think John may have given us a "helping hand" here!

..*..*..*..*..many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    trick cyclist has just joined the MPL pistol competition today - welcome aboard Richard - I hope you enjoy it and let us know how you get on!
    Thanks Bob, I'll try not to deserve the wooden spoon, but can't promise anything!

Quote Originally Posted by trick cyclist View Post
    Thanks Bob, I'll try not to deserve the wooden spoon, but can't promise anything!
    I was kind of eyeing that wooden spoon up for myself but it makes no difference where you come in the series as long as you enjoy it and it gives you the excuse to shoot your classic airguns on a regular basis at a time and place of your own choosing

You can also use your first seasons results as a base when you shoot in the next series to encourage you to either try to do just as well or if you are feeling competitive, to try and beat your previous score and do even better next time!

It is also a useful reference to see what you are able to squeeze out of your own classics and to see which ones perform the best for you.

I am sending out your entry pack and spare targets by DPD today so they will be with you tomorrow.

If you can let me have your mobile phone number by PM or email you will get a text message from DPD to let you know what time they will deliver to you.

Enjoy your shooting!

Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 27-01-2016 at 12:18 PM.

Welcome to Tom who found out about our air rifle competition through the Air Gunner magazine and will be shooting his late 1940's BSA Cadet in the series this season.

I have sent your rifle entry pack and spare targets out to you today by DPD so they will give you a text message tomorrow to let you know what time they will be delivering to you.

Good shooting!

Bob.

A New Grip For FIDO.

I have had a spare right handed wooden anatomical grip for a GAMO Compact laying around for months after one of our club pistols was sold to a member who was left handed, so I changed the grip to a left handed one for him.

Yesterday I took a razor saw to this spare right handed grip and made some adjustments so it could be fitted onto a GAMO Centre pistol.

I have had a GAMO Target for years ( like a Centre but with a moulded anatomical grip) but GAMO changed the trigger on this model to make the trigger leg adjustable and the pivot on the leg is in the wrong place for me and it feels uncomfortable and annoys me - but...it did give me an idea !

We have had a GAMO Centre in the club for a while that we affectionately call "FIDO" because the previous owners dog ran around the house with it in his jaws and left his teeth marks in the grip ! The pistol shoots very well but the teeth marks have been known to put our more sensitive members off a little.

If my project works-out OK then I will have a perfect new grip to give to FIDO and I will have an anatomical grip on my own Centre so everyone wins and Fido's grip can returned to its previous use a a doggy chew
    Last edited by zooma; 07-02-2016 at 10:21 AM.

More Enquiries . COME AND JOIN US

I have had some more enquiries last week about the 6 yard postal series that I hope will lead to more entries coming in but even though it may sound a bit like an old gramophone record sometimes it does appear that there are still plenty of people out there do not know that it is possible to enter this competition AT ANY TIME.

This competition has only just started and anyone who would like to join us in either the rifle competition or the pistol competition is welcome to do so.

Each MPL series last's for 6 months and during that time anyone who enters has to shoot 6 batches of 6 targets making a total of 36 targets over the 6 month period.

We conveniently refer to them as a monthly score but if you are late joining you can shoot your 6 target batches whenever it is convenient but the first batch (in the series) will be called the January scores, the second will be the February scores and so on - even if they are shot at a later date due to joining the series late or having your schedule disrupted by holiday, illness, work etc etc.

Everyone is welcome - COME AND JOIN US

Roll Up

Another new entry today - check thread #3.

Keep 'em coming - more entries welcomed!

Just shot February's air rifle cards Bob. Was doing really well and became over confident, thereby well and truly spoiling my last card

When that sticker is facing you and you realise every shot matters, match shooting is not as easy as some may think. A great challenge though and it would be no fun if it was easy. What a great opportunity to use our old airguns competitively.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

May give my (new to me) LP53 a run tonight....Bond is entering the building, and if the movies are anything to go by I can shoot all 30 shots without a single reload
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    May give my (new to me) LP53 a run tonight....Bond is entering the building, and if the movies are anything to go by I can shoot all 30 shots without a single reload
    You won't believe it but I have dug out one of my LP53 pistols and have been looking at it with a view to seeing if it is possible to "tame" it a bit better than the last time I tried (and failed).

I know the LP53 is a brilliant pistol and those who shoot them enough to get used to the strange (unique) vertical recoil are able to shoot very well with them, but sadly I do not appear to be one of them - well not yet!

Tonight I will try again and see if I can make any sort of progress as this one shoots really well and has a superb trigger so it can only be the bloke who pulls the trigger that is spoiling the scores
    Last edited by zooma; 08-02-2016 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    You won't believe it but I have dug out one of my LP53 pistols and have been looking at it with a view to seeing if it is possible to "tame" it a bit better than the last time I tried (and failed).

I know the LP53 is a brilliant pistol and those who shoot them enough to get used to the strange (unique) vertical recoil are able to shoot very well with them, but sadly I do not appear to be one of them - well not yet!

Tonight I will try again and see if I can make any sort of progress as this one shoots really well and has a superb trigger so it can only be the bloke who pulls the trigger that is spoiling the scores
    I have a late LP53 with the flat back that I zeroed for 10 Metre shooting a few years ago. After a little practice, I was able to record a few scores in the high 40s x 50. One thing I find with the LP53 is I benefit from taking a few warm up shots first. Probably due to that upward recoil. I used another last year (the up-powered model that Protek based their upgrade kits on) to score joint first in a pistol hunter comp, which was part of Basingstoke's 40th birthday celebrations. I lost out in the shoot off but was very happy with my score on the day, or rather the pistol's!

All in all, the LP53 is indeed an excellent pistol, which is capable of very good performance.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

The LP53 Challenge.

If I remember correctly the pellet that suited the LP53 the best when we tested it the last time was a 4.50 Meisterkugeln - but for as long as the pistol is out of control it makes absolutely no difference what pellet it has bunged up the spout!

There are a lot of collectors of LP53 pistols and if we could get enough of them together in the MPL we could even start a sub category to see who can get the best out of them and to share hints and tips to bring the scores achieved up to a more respectable level.

At the moment it is all a mystery to me and I fail to understand how SOME people are able to hit good scores with such a good looking but highly unwieldy kicking beast

I hope John gets to read this and decides to show us how it should be done - he is a bit of an LP53 buff and is known to have some that need some exercise !
    Last edited by zooma; 08-02-2016 at 07:42 PM.

Why is it I shoot a great card, then I stick the stickers on and shoot 2 poor cards and then straight after use one without a sticker and another great card?

I think my stickers are faulty. They keep deflecting the pellets.
    Guess I'll end up last again this month.
    Hammerli Master, FWB 65, Gamo Compact, Steyr LP10E