Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Umarex Webley MKV1 Vs Umarex Colt SAA?

Umarex Webley MKV1 Vs Umarex Colt SAA?

I'd like to ask those of you who have both, which one shoots the nicest?

Thanks in advance...

Both have good triggers, both are good enough replicas (theres a couple of things on each where artistic license or economic\technical\legal considerations have taken over), both have faithful and interesting actions and both shoot well.

I feel that the Webley shoots the best, looks the best, is made to a higher standard and is closest to the real thing. The Peacemaker shoots well and accepts DW shells (Pellet and BB) and seems happy shooting pellets from the supplied shells as well, the Webley has to use Webley shells (or modified DW bb Shells). The peacemaker is more fun if you have lots of shells as gate loaders are excellent fun.

It is very close but my Webley has not missed a beat since I got it at launch, my Peacemaker is only a couple of months old and has had several issues. When you strip the peacemaker you realisehow poor the construction is however it does not seem to be a problem for most people.

I would have to choose the Webley but it is very close, were it not for the issues with my Peacemaker I would say both are equal and you need both!
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Thanks for your very comprehensive reply,blooregard.In use does the Webley obviously shoot at a higher fps than the Colt,by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Thanks for your very comprehensive reply,blooregard.In use does the Webley obviously shoot at a higher fps than the Colt,by the way?
    No probs, it's not an obvious difference but I think it is faster when measured.

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    No probs, it's not an obvious difference but I think it is faster when measured.
    Thanks,I bought a blued Colt today,( which I have been very impressed with) and have been pondering either buying the nickel finished version or the Webley in the next few days.

Choices,choices!

Thanks,I bought a blued Colt today,( which I have been very impressed with) and have been pondering either buying the nickel finished version or the Webley in the next few days.

Choices,choices!
    If you have a Colt then you need to go Webley! The Nickel colt is far too milkybar kid for my liking! The weathered one is the best looking I think.

If you like historical guns I can recommend any of the branded KWC Lugers, the M712 and you also have the Nagant and all manner of .45s and wonder 9s.

If you have a Colt then you need to go Webley! The Nickel colt is far too milkybar kid for my liking! The weathered one is the best looking I think.

If you like historical guns I can recommend any of the branded KWC Lugers, the M712 and you also have the Nagant and all manner of .45s and wonder 9s.

It's the historical revolvers I prefer with the exception of the Po8 and C96.Having already bought a Colt I agree the sensible thing would be to buy something else,but the SAA is my favourite revolver by quite some margin.I'm not a fan of artificially aged finishes on anything guns included,so whichever I buy next,Colt or Webley it will be in an as new finish.

I'll sleep on it...

I have shot my Webley twice.
    I can't remember how many times I have shot the Peacemakers.
    Does that help?
    Also I am the Milky Bar Kid!

It's the historical revolvers I prefer with the exception of the Po8 and C96.Having already bought a Colt I agree the sensible thing would be to buy something else,but the SAA is my favourite revolver by quite some margin.I'm not a fan of artificially aged finishes on anything guns included,so whichever I buy next,Colt or Webley it will be in an as new finish.

I'll sleep on it...
    That's fair enough, it's a shame that there is no colour case hardened version of the Colt, I have a Pietta Civilian model in that finish and it is glorious to behold (but cost 3 times as much).

Well, so much for not buying things with artificially aged finishes! I went and bought the rifled barrelled pellet firing version of the Webley MKV1 in battlefield finish today and I did have the choice of standard blued finish,too!

It's a brilliant replica, indeed and more accurate than the bb Colt,but the pellets I used being flat nosed and soft will not penetrate a food can,though I would guess power is similar.The pellets on the rifled barrel version load as the Colt bb's load into the base of the cartridge rather than in to a detachable nose cone.

Not sure if this was a better choice than the bb version of the Webley,but it is accurate at 5 yards in a garage and fun to shoot.I prefer the Colt,though and so......

..next purchase will be back to the mild west and the Milky Bar Kid-esque nickel finish Colt I think!
    Last edited by mrto; 31-12-2015 at 04:18 PM.

Well, so much for not buying things with artificially aged finishes! I went and bought the rifled barrelled pellet firing version of the Webley MKV1 in battlefield finish today and I did have the choice of standard blued finish,too!

It's a brilliant replica, indeed and more accurate than the bb Colt,but the pellets I used being flat nosed and soft will not penetrate a food can,though I would guess power is similar.The pellets on the rifled barrel version load as the Colt bb's load into the base of the cartridge rather than in to a detachable nose cone.

Not sure if this was a better choice than the bb version of the Webley,but it is accurate at 5 yards in a garage and fun to shoot.I prefer the Colt,though and so......

..next purchase will be back to the mild west and the Milky Bar Kid-esque nickel finish Colt I think!
    Didn't know the rifled ones are out, will pick one up at the weekend.

Didn't know the rifled ones are out, will pick one up at the weekend.
    I will be interested to hear your thoughts on the pellet firing version vs your bb shooting Webley.

Roll on the weekend,eh!

I am v happy with my bb Webley and I'm not prepared to risk £200 to see if the pellet is better!
    I have said it before but I have yet to find a pellet version of a bb cartridge pistol that wows me.

I don't think the system allows real accuracy - just a bit better.

It seems to me Umarex have done a good job of this pellet firing version of the Webley.I spent some considerable time in the shop comparing the two,though was unable to shoot both side by side whilst there,so had to make a decision based on looks alone.The seating of the pellet in the base of the specifically designed pellet shells essentially lengthens the barrel increasing muzzle velocity and compensating to some degree for the energy robbed by the pellet being forced into the rifling.There is no noticeable gas leak between the cylinder and the forcing cone on firing and accuracy seems to be potentially very good.

For me the only disappointment is that light pellets at this Co2 bb pistol power will not penetrate one side of a food can,but this is made up for in some part by the increased accuracy....

Bit the bb today and bought the Milky Bar Kid nickel version!

The only one left I don't yet have is the 'antique finish' version,clever Umarex.....

......!