Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: le page

le page

le page pistol shooting at 50m what load do you use,

What calibre LePage pistol are you shooting, bearing in mind that they are made to shoot between 20 and 25m?

BTW, there's no charge for words here, 'kay?

Being chatty doesn't hurt.

tac

tac,just looking at gen what are people using load wise,if shooting at 50m
    BTW, there's no charge for words here, 'kay?

Being chatty doesn't hurt.
    chatty 'okay, what i use , oh le page .36 12.5 of kranks fine,.360 rb 0.12 patch lubed with extra virgin olive oil,
    but havent shot her since last year,
    Last edited by gtpkeeper; 13-01-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Aim higher.

tac

.36 18.5 of kranks fine,.360 rb 0.12 patch lubed with extra virgin olive oil, did the trick may even try lower too
    thank you for the pm worked a treat

Wow! Never tried mine at 50 yards. Are you shooting pukka one handed? What sort of group size/accuracy are you getting?

I shot my .36 at the weekend at Bisley (25m). I only shoot it two or three times a year now, average 84 on the 25m pistol target one handed. Used to average well in the 90's so need some practice.

Never shot my 44 beyond 25m but may have a go next time out just to see.:-) Tim

Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    Wow! Never tried mine at 50 yards. Are you shooting pukka one handed? What sort of group size/accuracy are you getting?

I shot my .36 at the weekend at Bisley (25m). I only shoot it two or three times a year now, average 84 on the 25m pistol target one handed. Used to average well in the 90's so need some practice.
    yup first time for me, 15 hit the target so was happy with that,yes one hand six oclock hold

Quote Originally Posted by gtpkeeper View Post
    yup first time for me, 15 hit the target so was happy with that,yes one hand six oclock hold
    That sounds fun - I've shot free pistol at that range but not the Le Page. Accuracy isn't too bad but the grip and the sights leave something to be desired compared to a free pistol.

I've shot the .44 BP revolver at 100yds once or twice at the Bisley pistol meeting in the 1980's. (Shot rested, two hands)

My le Page 36 with .354 ball and 10.2 swiss #1 shoots to the same point of aim at 50 yards as 25.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    My le Page 36 with .354 ball and 10.2 swiss #1 shoots to the same point of aim at 50 yards as 25.
    what patch do you use des ,
    deff think i could lower my load down abit too,

what patch do you use des ,
    deff think i could lower my load down abit too,
    One of our club members owns a fabric shop and cuts us hundreds of patches from his offcuts on a badge making press. The best ones which I use now are some fancy pink cotton which he sells in his shop for 40 quid a metre. Lube is watered down Kranks BP solvent (the old one) and 10 grains of semolina on top of the powder. It gives a lovely sharp crack and very consistent accuracy. My last comp score was 96 with 6 bulls. Wish I could do that every day! I use about 18gns of kranks fine in my 44 Charles Moore so your load does seem a bit hefty for a 36.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    One of our club members owns a fabric shop and cuts us hundreds of patches from his offcuts on a badge making press. The best ones which I use now are some fancy pink cotton which he sells in his shop for 40 quid a metre. Lube is watered down Kranks BP solvent (the old one) and 10 grains of semolina on top of the powder. It gives a lovely sharp crack and very consistent accuracy. My last comp score was 96 with 6 bulls. Wish I could do that every day! I use about 18gns of kranks fine in my 44 Charles Moore so your load does seem a bit hefty for a 36.
    my normal load for 20 or 25m is 12.2grains of kranks fine,.360 rb 0.12 ,1in dia patch lubed with extra virgin olive oil, 12 of semolina. best so far is 92
    was thinking of trying .354 ball and thicker patch

my normal load for 20 or 25m is 12.2grains of kranks fine,.360 rb 0.12 ,1in dia patch lubed with extra virgin olive oil, 12 of semolina. best so far is 92
    was thinking of trying .354 ball and thicker patch
    See if you can scrounge some Swiss #1 to try. It's about 60 quid a kilo which is twice the price of Kranks but a far better powder in my opinion, but with half the charge you are currently using it would work out the same price. I use Kranks in all my larger calibres and revolver but love the Swiss in the 36. I was using a lee .350 ball but moved onto a Jeff Tanner .354 which is very slow to cast and trim (I tumble the balls to finish them off) and this has worked very well for me. I find the 354 quite a tight fit with a ten thou patch so you must have fun with a 360 and 12 thou. Next time down I'll chrono my pistol and see what I'm getting.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

I get good accuracy with 13g of Swiss, .350 Hornady ball and 10 thou patch.