Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
In the 1980's I spent a fair bit of time with a Ransom machine rest and chrono testing competition pistols (Walther, Pardini, FAS, Hammerli etc.) for accuracy/reliability, mainly in .32 S&W Long, in full wad cutter form. Some of these pistols/loads shot remarkably well at 25 yards, especially when you think that there's only about 4 inches of barrel.

I've had a .36 LePage for many years but never shot it seriously and never tried to see just how accurate it could be. I think with the correct load it could be very accurate. The problem is, without any sort of systematic testing, it's all guess work.

Shooting from a sandbag rest is a starting point and the set trigger helps, but the sighting system is poor for reliable results. Is our chosen pistol/load capable of keeping them all well within the ten ring?

I no longer have access to a Ransom rest but I think I could make a mount to temporarily attach a scope to the LePage - might be interesting.
Funny you should say that, I'm in the process of making a laser mount for my le Page to do just what you suggest. I'm also weighing ten of each charges up to 13gn in half grain intervals to see what it takes to get it to 1126fps or so which is the speed of sound in a standard atmosphere. There are really too many variables BP shooting to make it really worthwhile but it's keeping me amused. I probably still have a lot to learn compared to some as I didn't start BP shooting till the early seventies!