Thread: information about s 16 please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Its not hard to make a PCP accurate out to 35yrds, its a given really, they all should be.

The S16 is a dog, the trigger is the most awful thing i've pulled on, about 5 stages and VERY heavy (repeated on all the s16's ive shot).

The length of pull is far too long, you need arms like a gibbon to make this rifle seem comfy.

Just my opinion (some people seem to like them ? ) but they are a total waste of cash.

Mart.

Darren Petts Guest
    Type lemon into the search facility. The Mk1 S16 will be the rifle most associated with the fruit. Almost any other gun will be better. And yes Mr. Zebedee I have owned one and folk slate it because it deserves it!

well i stand BY mine and by my post i still say there is a LOT worse out there in the airgun community. I have yet to find fault with ANY of the S-16's i have had.

I have had a Webley Raider that was good then after a while started to fall to bits.

BSA super ten that started to leak all over

Granted they were ALL put right under the warranty but i still like MY S-16 and will carry on defending it LOL

Zeb

ANY chinese airgun is worse than an s16 for starters, not only that my mate had an fx2000 it went down more times than 16 year old bird from hull
    Last edited by luke@york; 05-08-2005 at 06:28 PM.

if you must buy a mk1, you need two things, a good chrono to check the power level about every ten shots. and shares in parcel force to send it back to logun about every 40 to 50 shots. that is long loguns adjustments last. mine used to drop about 2 pound foot after 40 or so shots.

and before anyone asks, yes i am talking from experiance. and yes it scares me as to how many people have these guns and have never chronoed them, especialy those who use them for hunting
    if you realy must buy a mark 1, at least get one second hand so you don't get hammered with deprecation when youve had a gutts ful
    WWW.NEATHMOTORCLUB.COM

YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club member

Well i chrono'd mine last week and it's sitting nicely at 11.4 to 11.7 with H&N field target trophies

I chrono ALL my guns at LEAST once a fortnight anyway so i will know if anything goes amiss and i do have a 5h1t load of parts including hundreds of O-rings in the workshop so i should be fine till i retire

Zeb