Hi tac

I was looking down the forum's threads and read you question, one which I have also mused over - could I use a plastic sabot with a soft tip bullet in a ml say a Thompsom Centre Firestorm Flintlock as they give all the info and get a Roe or Fallow deer.

By chance I came across this article http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/uplo...te/6dpmag9.pdf
in Pedersoli's magazine while drooling and dreaming over some flintlocks on his site.
In case I have managed to cockup the link its Pedesoli site - magazine archive Black powder No1 magazine 9th issue 06/11/2012 article In focus Black powder hunting in Europe.

UK bit

"In Great Britain it is possible to hunt with muzzleloaders. For muntjac and Chinese
water deer only, the rifle must have a minimum caliber of not less than .220 inches
and muzzle energy of not less than 1 000 foot pounds and a bullet weight of not less
than 50 grains may be used. For all deer of any species a minimum caliber of .240 and
minimum muzzle energy of 1 ,700 foot pounds is the legal requirement. The hunter
must also put the bullets into 1 00 mm group at 1 00 m to meet all requirements"

How correct it is I couldn't say

hope it was of interest
Flash