Thread: Old style Feinwerkbau pistol grips.

Old style Feinwerkbau pistol grips.

Have to say I'm not impressed.

I have two FWB 80s, one with match grips and one with sporter. The sporter grips may be 65s that have been modified or custom jobs: I don't know.

The match grips are the correct size for me, but I find them very uncomfortable, especially in the heel of the hand.

I can shoot the one with the sporter grips more accurately.

Have considered ordering Rink grips for the 80. They still make them. Are these two piece like the originals, or one piece jobbies?

It's a personal thing, I know, but the FWB grips don't work for me.
    Last edited by Arthur John Smithsplease; 02-04-2016 at 10:20 AM.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

If you look at the pictures of the Model 80 grip on the RINK site you will see that the wood colour changes form left to right and the joint at the front suggests that it could be made in two separate halves.

A simple email to RINK to ask the question would be the easy way to get the correct answer as I doubt many exist in the UK to refer to.
    Last edited by zooma; 02-04-2016 at 04:56 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Not quite what you asked, but I bought a set of Rink grips for my FWB 90 and they are 2 piece, the grips cost more than I paid for the pistol in very good nick complete with a custom made fitted box.
    Peter

Thanks for the replies.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

The method of fixing the grips on the older FWB pistols would make it very difficult to produce a one piece grip, the fixing points are horizontal within the grip rather that a vertical fixing from the bottom as most modern grips are.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more