Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New article.... building a box for your air pistol....

Quote Originally Posted by topgun35 View Post
    Felt is traditionally made using urine,which contains uric acid. I have no idea if it is still used,or if the final product still contains it.
    Yes, acid is used during the thickening process I read although it is neutralised afterwards. It is known that felt/baize (if it's the material) can give off sulphur which might cause damage especially to silver.

As said earlier though, felt/baize has been used to line shotgun cases for many years. Of course that's not to say they weren't aware or don't care if it can cause any damage.

I wonder how many people handle their guns with cotton acid free gloves to prevent the acidic oils from their hands contaminating their prized possessions? Of course that's only brief contact, unless the gun isn't cleaned thoroughly after each handling.

All the best,
    Jimmie

Quote Originally Posted by Clanchief View Post
    What's facebook ?
    Is facebook different to farcepage?
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Any reccomendations on where to buy plastazote? I can't find it for sale on the zotefoam website. They have some plastazote sheets here but wondered if I can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PBBul202 View Post
    Any reccomendations on where to buy plastazote? I can't find it for sale on the zotefoam website. They have some plastazote sheets here but wondered if I can get it cheaper elsewhere.
    https://www.flightcasewarehouse.co.u...case-foam-7290

Don't order online or you get charged shipping per sheet! Call them instead to get sensible shipping cost.