I have just joined the site and, in perusing numerous posts, was at once impressed by the helpfulness and knowledge of the members, with a wealth of information to be discovered here.

I discovered the site from a simple Google search relating to the Webley Mark3 and I then spent several hours reading numerous posts.

I bought my first air rifle when I was 12 (a Webley Hawk; the spring depleted its power fairly rapidly). I then bought the following, trading each in for the subsequent purchase: a Webley Mk3 (retail price, from memory, was £29 in 1973), an HW35 (the spring seemed to deteriorate after about 1000 shots), a BSA Airsporter (the power of which was most erratic) an FW127 and then an Original 45 - a truly magnificent and accurate rifle, which I still possess. After beginning my career I lost interest in all but game shooting, with 12 bores, but then bought a Daystate at a Game Fair, followed by a refurbished BSA Standard No 2 (1939 production run), from John Knibbs, which produced about 8ft/lbs but has possibly now improved after shooting about 500 pellets, which will probably have worn in the new parts. It is rather pleasing to possess an item of such history and background even although it is hardly used.

Mark 3: I have nostalgia for the Mk3, not least its fine lines and reliability and have just bought an A Series (1968 production) for £300, which has only shot some 1000 pellets and I am awaiting its delivery. It is probably impossible to find a Mk3 that has not been used, given production ceased in 1975 and this one has, I hope, only just been run in. I don't think I have ever seen such a pleasing tapered barrel as exists on the Mk3 and, I recall, the balance of the Mk3 was quite unique although the power could have been a tad higher. Probably, I will not use it much but the thrill will be in owning it.

Rgds to all,
AndrewM