Thread: Webley Nemesis X .22 Cal PCP. Yes NOT C02. (updated)

Webley Nemesis X .22 Cal PCP. Yes NOT C02. (updated)

Webley Nemesis X .22 Cal PCP. Yes NOT C02.
    I love US gear from Western stuff like Colt SAA's or Lever Action carbines and of course AR15 clones. So I recently saw something very interesting on AAR (Andy,s Airguns on Air) it was a NEW Webley, an AR15 style bolt action carbine PCP version of their C02 Nemesis X rifle. Similar BUT Different.

Its quite modern and military styled and compact at only 30 inches in length, and weighs just over 2KG (4.4lbs) in weight. Power wise it runs over 11.5 ft pound using 15.89 grain pellets. Webley have used a 17 inch barrel that replaces the C02 versions 20 inch rifle barrel. It handles delightfully and is well balanced.

It comes to the shoulder easily and its light weight made it ideal for long periods of carrying. The synthetic furniture protects the gun from knocks and bad weather. What's it like you ask, I think its well made, ergonomic, well balanced, very accurate out to 40 plus yards (punching holes in coke cans accurately at what turned out to be 43 yards . Its got a light smooth trigger, its LOUD unmoderated but very quiet when moderated, the hammer makes more noise than the report. Its easy to use and gets over 60 shots per fill in .22.

Its easy to pack away if required. Just unscrew the self sealing 13 cl bottle and the main part its only 21 inches long. The Nemesis PCP is a great little compact take down carbine that's easy to use and accessorize. Its now become my grab and go gun of choice for pest control and small game hunting. To find some European made gun of similar style and ability I would have to spend over £1000 or more. I give the Nemesis PCP 8.5 /10.

UPDATE after one month of regular use.

I'm absolutely delighted with my £350 Nemesis PCP, it has proven itself a great hunting, pest control and range gun. Its proven itself accurate and very consistent putting out around 11.5 ft pound and doing 12 mm groups at 22 yards ( RED DOT OPTIC).

I gave mine a good cleaning and oiling to get the trigger and cocking mechanism working smoothly, trigger pull on mine is just over 2 pounds. I have used heat shrink tubing to cover the barrel and dull it down a bit. I made a leather sleeve to go over the air bottle. I have fitted it with a 30 mm Red Dot and flip up open sights which keep in with the ultra lightweight carbine theme.

What could Webley do to improve the PCP? , NOT MUCH. But it would be great if they did a version with a 12 inch barrel instead of 17 inches, that way it would be a direct competitor to short carbines and bullpups like the BSA Ultra, Edgun Leshiy etc and be a TRUE Back Pack / Take down rifle.
    Last edited by Shooter22UK; 27-03-2023 at 08:25 PM.