Thread: BSA Ultra MMC Review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by catanonia View Post
    lol,
    If you are going to insult someone, at least spell moron correctly

I did not spell moron, I spelled maroon you side lever! You do know what a maroon is don't you? I am referring to the British spelling here.

I can't fault my own ultra , it's spot on for what it is. Polishing and lubing the cocking linkage and holding back the trigger whilst cocking make for a silent smooth operation.
    It's a quiet at the sharp end aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    I did not spell moron, I spelled maroon you side lever! You do know what a maroon is don't you? I am referring to the British spelling here.
    New one on me unless you are calling me a runaway slave using the verb, as this is the only one that has any context.
    Anyway I am not going to argue with you anymore on the forum or on the video comments, you have made your point as anyone is entitled to do.

colour
    Something that is maroon is dark reddish-purple in colour.
    ...maroon velvet curtains.
    2. verb
    If someone is marooned somewhere, they are left in a place that is difficult for them to escape from.
    Five couples were marooned in their caravans when the River Avon broke its banks.
    ...after years of being marooned on a desert island.
    Synonyms: abandon, leave, desert, strand More Synonyms of maroon
    COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers
    Word Frequency

maroon1 (məˈruːn )
    verb (transitive)
    to leave ashore and abandon, esp on an island
    to isolate without resources
    noun
    a descendant of a group of runaway slaves living in the remoter areas of the Caribbean or Guyana
    4. US and Canadian informal
    a person who has been marooned, esp on an island
    Last edited by catanonia; 02-05-2017 at 09:09 PM.
    Airgun Catanonia Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCks...znYSNo1mMXb-MQ : Fully unsponsored and unbiased reviews / videos

My ultra Mmc tactical single shot .177, has been my main hunting tool for the last 5 years, never let me down ,mega accurate with bisley mags. Find I can cock and load with minimal movement, very quiet to cock if you take the probe release pressure with your thumb..essential when hiding in a barn. It accounted for over 100 jackdaws last year alone at ranges upto 45 yards. I've hunted with airguns since I was 11 and own 17 rifles now, the ultra has been my best hunting gun by far.

secretagentmole Guest
    New one on me unless you are calling me a runaway slave using the verb, as this is the only one that has any context.
    Anyway I am not going to argue with you anymore on the forum or on the video comments, you have made your point as anyone is entitled to do.

colour
    2. verb
    If someone is marooned somewhere, they are left in a place that is difficult for them to escape from.
    Five couples were marooned in their caravans when the River Avon broke its banks.
    Word Frequency

maroon1 (məˈruːn )
    verb (transitive)
    noun
    a descendant of a group of runaway slaves living in the remoter areas of the Caribbean or Guyana
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...hrome&ie=UTF-8

maroon

a firework that makes a loud bang, used as a signal or warning.

Something that makes a loud noise!

I do know the English language, a little better than you it seems!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...hrome&ie=UTF-8

maroon

Did you have the volume turned up high Moley? It was quite a low key review on my 'phone.
    I didn't agree with everything Catatonia said, especially about the trigger being sublime, but he's having a go and doing a reasonable job.
    For the more inexperienced airgunners, I think it's a useful and informative review.
    The point about the release system breaking is only relevent if you're daft enough to let it fly back under it's own steam. Anyone who ever owned one learned within 10 minutes that the probe needed to be cushioned.
    Your point about it being loud is irrelevent too. It's a short barrelled carbine so needs a silencer and, with one, it's as quiet as any other carbine.
    Keep up the good work please Catatonia. You're helping more people than you think.
    Go easy on the 'Just For Men' though mate :-)

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    Did you have the volume turned up high Moley? It was quite a low key review on my 'phone.
    I didn't agree with everything Catatonia said, especially about the trigger being sublime, but he's having a go and doing a reasonable job.
    For the more inexperienced airgunners, I think it's a useful and informative review.
    The point about the release system breaking is only relevent if you're daft enough to let it fly back under it's own steam. Anyone who ever owned one learned within 10 minutes that the probe needed to be cushioned.
    Your point about it being loud is irrelevent too. It's a short barrelled carbine so needs a silencer and, with one, it's as quiet as any other carbine.
    Keep up the good work please Catatonia. You're helping more people than you think.
    Go easy on the 'Just For Men' though mate :-)

Chris
    thanks and appreciated. Still have an unopened just for men, haven't needed it yet !
    Airgun Catanonia Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCks...znYSNo1mMXb-MQ : Fully unsponsored and unbiased reviews / videos

maroon

not being wordy at all and not trying to be picky ( more interested in my lack of English too) but how does the above description fit in with

'but what maroon would pay £450....'

rgds
    craig

Quote Originally Posted by scoie View Post
    maroon

not being wordy at all and not trying to be picky ( more interested in my lack of English too) but how does the above description fit in with

'but what maroon would pay £450....'

rgds
    craig
    think he meant moron but is now trying to dig a hole to hide in

colour
    2. verb
    Word Frequency

maroon1 (məˈruːn )
    verb (transitive)
    noun
    Noun. maroon (plural maroons) (slang, derogatory) An idiot; a fool. quotations ▼ Synonyms: see Thesaurus:fool, Thesaurus:idiot.

Nice well presented online review Steve.

We don't get enough airgun reviews on the BBS.

I regret selling my .177 ULTRA SE - it was a super little rifle, very accurate and easy to carry and aim - although mine was only the single shot version, I did enjoy shooting with it.

Keep up the good work - I will be watching your review of the ULRA SE next.

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.