Thread: BSA Ultra MMC Review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

: BSA Ultra MMC Review

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    The MMC was an abomination against shooting. Both the Hornet and the Ultra were crippled by it. The pieces were made of cheap alloy that snapped (bolt release lever and pellet probe both prone to snapping).

MMC was a lie, at least 3 quarters of an inch travel to cock the damned thing.
    It is loud, even with a good silencer it is loud!
    Also the shot count is poor.

The SE is not a side cocking lever either (time 1:12), it is a rear bolt! If you put the magazine in the wrong way up, you cannot load the gun, you cannot load it the wrong way round and you cannot shoot yourself having loaded it the wrong way round!

The MMC is known for pulling you off of aim when you use it as it is usually a lot stiffer than that one you had in the film!

Old style magazines were no problem to load. Only to the incompetent!

What maroon is going to pay £450 for that when for £490 you can have this? http://www.pellpax.co.uk/airguns/air...-pack-22/17813 Everything you need!
    I'm not a fan of ultra;s but the hornet is a great gun & where are these wonderful repeaters that you can load the mag the wrong way round or put the mag in upside down & they work fine? The loading bolt & that of the innova I might add could break but the simple remedy of cushioning it with your thumb as you release it like the innova makes it's operation silent & completely prevents any breakage. You must be having a man period today moley old chap .
    Last edited by junglie; 02-05-2017 at 11:15 AM. Reason: & another thing!

I like my MMC Hornet and Ultra - the mmc is a bit 'clicky' but then so is the cocking stroke on the pull back on the BSA's bolts
    Still my favourite pcp's though ......mainly the bloody thick floating barrel well planted into action, and cross fitting of parts ease / ease of spares etc
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34