Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BSA Ultra MMC Review

I bought an MMC single shot Ultra years ago, love it and still have it.
    Was second hand when i bought it ant the only problems have a few seals needed replacing.
    The cocking action is love it or hate it..i have no issue with it.
    Totally different to my Superten but i enjoy both
    atb
    Nige
    Formerly Ric O'shay but profile lost as not used for a very long time

Quote Originally Posted by scoie View Post
    i had the mmc ultra and loved it ...
    This rifle is still in my cabinet Craig. Great little gun.

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    What a load of rubbish you speak on the ultra , I have said before to you that is your opinion
    I had one and loved it ,wish i never sold it and with hw mod it was as quiet as most PCP guns . The hammer might have a been a bit on the noisy side
    Never had the pellet probe break ,even after 10,000 + pellets through it and to say pulling you off aim is rubbish !!
    Agree with you 100%. I have had mine in regular use both in the club and on permissions and after many thousands of pellets it shoots even better than the day it was bought. I can cock it with one finger because I MAINTAIN my guns and it's accuracy has never given me a moment's doubt. There are gun owners and then there are gun owners who treat their tools with due respect. I suspect the owner here not the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by catanonia View Post
    New one on me unless you are calling me a runaway slave using the verb, as this is the only one that has any context.
    Anyway I am not going to argue with you anymore on the forum or on the video comments, you have made your point as anyone is entitled to do.

colour
    Something that is maroon is dark reddish-purple in colour.
    ...maroon velvet curtains.
    2. verb
    If someone is marooned somewhere, they are left in a place that is difficult for them to escape from.
    Five couples were marooned in their caravans when the River Avon broke its banks.
    ...after years of being marooned on a desert island.
    Synonyms: abandon, leave, desert, strand More Synonyms of maroon
    COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers
    Word Frequency

maroon1 (məˈruːn )
    verb (transitive)
    to leave ashore and abandon, esp on an island
    to isolate without resources
    noun
    a descendant of a group of runaway slaves living in the remoter areas of the Caribbean or Guyana
    4. US and Canadian informal
    a person who has been marooned, esp on an island
    Noun. maroon (plural maroons) (slang, derogatory) An idiot; a fool. quotations ▼ Synonyms: see Thesaurus:fool, Thesaurus:idiot.

Nice well presented online review Steve.

We don't get enough airgun reviews on the BBS.

I regret selling my .177 ULTRA SE - it was a super little rifle, very accurate and easy to carry and aim - although mine was only the single shot version, I did enjoy shooting with it.

Keep up the good work - I will be watching your review of the ULRA SE next.

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    The MMC was an abomination against shooting. Both the Hornet and the Ultra were crippled by it. The pieces were made of cheap alloy that snapped (bolt release lever and pellet probe both prone to snapping).

MMC was a lie, at least 3 quarters of an inch travel to cock the damned thing.
    It is loud, even with a good silencer it is loud!
    Also the shot count is poor.

The SE is not a side cocking lever either (time 1:12), it is a rear bolt! If you put the magazine in the wrong way up, you cannot load the gun, you cannot load it the wrong way round and you cannot shoot yourself having loaded it the wrong way round!

The MMC is known for pulling you off of aim when you use it as it is usually a lot stiffer than that one you had in the film!

Old style magazines were no problem to load. Only to the incompetent!

What maroon is going to pay £450 for that when for £490 you can have this? http://www.pellpax.co.uk/airguns/air...-pack-22/17813 Everything you need!
    6 year's later and this is still bollocks. MMC are amazing

I had an MMC, and SE and a CLX, MMC was OK but as bought new it had a banana shaped barrel , laid flat on a bench their was a good 1mm gap at the center point with both ends were flat on the surface. Pleasant but not great to shoot, it had a habit of ingesting pellets into the trigger group. Replaced eventually with an SE.

The SE was nice, accurate and got tweaked by a guy from Derby who regulated it for me, But for such a short gun it was very accurate, I disliked the weight as arthritis was starting to be an issue, it too ingest pellets into the trigger group. Sold it.

Final bought CLX VERY disappointing, over 600 quid, it was understood that the old habit of the gun ingesting pellets into the trigger group had been cured. IT HAD NOT. And this problem is made worse by the new MONOBLOCK breech. If if swallows a pellet into the trigger and it wont shake out the gun has to go back to BSA for repair. Mine did exactly that,(40 mile round trip to RFD) the RFD said BSA was taking up to 12 weeks to fix and return the gun (it took 7 weeks.) My RFD told me it was the 3rd or 4th CLX that went back with the same problem.

Then it turns out if the barrel is removed it has to go back to BSA to be refitted as some "port" has to be realigned and bonded into place. So when my CLX came back from BSA after having the pellet removed, I went and collected it from the RFD (Another 40 mile round trip) Gets home, goes to range, Multiple expletive deleteds, The effing magazine wont go into the breech, BSA had refitted the barrel too far and the breech end was sticking into the magazine chamber. Back to the RFD ( Another 40 mile round trip) . Finally gets it back again. Its working but I just lost all faith in it, sold it within days. Oh and £60 for a magazine FFS. If I never see another BSA it will be too soon, they are verboten along with AA's .

my Artemis PR900s in comparison cost only £189 each and are accurate, reliable, LIGHTER and more fun.
    Last edited by Shooter22UK; 29-01-2023 at 08:41 PM.

Ultra CLX

Works fine for me. No problems at all so far, except the mythical anti-double load device.

That is down to operator error, anyway, and I can get around it now when it happens...

(Incidentally, I automatically went to Bugs Bunny with the "maroon" thing...)