Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
Danny has put an immense amount of time and effort into compiling the Gallery, which is now an incredible resource for anyone with an interest in airguns. Making a contribution to keep it alive is a no brainer and I hope everyone who has used or will use the Gallery will pitch in and help.

The only downside is that a payment to Photobucket every year will be just putting a steady (or steadily increasing) supply of money into their greedy coffers, for little or no effort on their part. But at least in the short term our monetary support will let Danny buy some time to find an alternative solution to the problem, at which point we can then all wave two fingers to the Bucket.

All success with the cloud funding, Danny!

Cheers
John
Thanks John!

Yes, it is rather painful, the thought of enriching these smash-and-grab extortionists. But hopefully they won't be in charge forever and people with a longer-term approach to things like 'customers' and 'brand loyalty' will take over Photobucket... We can but hope. In the meantime, we just have to do what we've got to do.

Someone mentioned to me today that the reason I haven't already been 'switched off' as a subscriber - unlike the free account holders - is probably because they don't want law suits from people who bought a product under different t&cs. If that's right, the gallery is safe until my subscription plan (now abolished) runs out at the end of the year.