Thread: Glad to be here

Thumbs up Glad to be here

Hello everyone, I've popped in the say hello.

I'm a 70 year old who never had the chance to shoot when young due to lack of money really and now get my shooting kicks, from helping my 12 year old grandson with his passion for the sport.

We now go to a gun shop in Berkhamsted where there are five indoor lanes where he target shoots at 25 yards. We previously bought a rifle at another suppler who also has a range but no longer go there.

My grandson is good, really good and the gunsmith at the shop we go to has said that he has serious potential. I'm a proud grandfather but I can't develop his skills because I don't know how. We're about to join a gun and rifle club in Bedford who will be able help his development and we're excited at the prospect.

Thanks for reading the ramblings of an old man!

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by 197jdm View Post
    Hello everyone, I've popped in the say hello.

I'm a 70 year old who never had the chance to shoot when young due to lack of money really and now get my shooting kicks, from helping my 12 year old grandson with his passion for the sport.

We now go to a gun shop in Berkhamsted where there are five indoor lanes where he target shoots at 25 yards. We previously bought a rifle at another suppler who also has a range but no longer go there.

My grandson is good, really good and the gunsmith at the shop we go to has said that he has serious potential. I'm a proud grandfather but I can't develop his skills because I don't know how. We're about to join a gun and rifle club in Bedford who will be able help his development and we're excited at the prospect.

Thanks for reading the ramblings of an old man!
    A warm welcome to The BBS Sir, this is a great place to learn, share and ask any questions you like. It's very pleasing to see youngsters joining the sport. It sounds like your grandson is going great guns (pun intended). It must be Ronnie Sunshines that you go to in Berko ? Joining a club will definitely help the lad get better and to be able to shoot other rifles too, beware though - it can become expensive once he realises what goodies are out there.

It can be a bit quiet in these Introduction pages so do dip your toe into some of the General Airgun threads on here, you will be welcomed.

All the best

Paul
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Welcome aboard Jdm and you are not an old man and I for one enjoyed your 'rambling' - lets have more from you - dont be a shy bairn!

As Paul says, there is a wealth of knowledge and some very top blokes on here!
    atb
    ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.