Thread: A Big Hello from INDIA!

A Big Hello from INDIA!

Hello!
    First and foremost, Kindest thanks to AirgunBBS and all its members for being open to potential members like me from places other than UK!!
    Much appreciate! So delightfully excited to be here!

Have learned a great deal on airguns from this forum, and do truly value it all. Please allow me to begin with two queries (very basic though):

1. How to (in terms of grip) deal /manage stiff /hard triggers? I will really appreciate even some general to-do and to-be-mindful-of suggestions on this please. [Note: Do take a minute to go through the short backdrop below -on why in this age of super soft, multi stage, and rackord triggers and all, would someone talk of stiff triggers!.]

2. Effective, practicable ways of dealing with the above-average (if not excessive) exposure to lead (pellets) for airgunners. I trust lots of Vit C intake could be effective. correct me, and add if possible.

Airguns and India
    Here is a little context that may help most folks at AirgunBBS appreciate experiences many enthusiasts like us are living with. [Reason why you may to sometimes bear with very basic level queries coming up] Here in India, airguns (manufacture and serious amateur level interest among users) may have just about begun taking off from the archaic ages all these past decades when the only reference for the local manufacturers (there aren't many of repute yet though) were the Diana models. The local ARs had the size and other dimensions pretty close to the original models, but not the finesse and the triggers (barring just a few local copies). Certainly, not the safety lock! This (direct sear engagement) necessitates hard triggers (The more adventurous tuners often get into the hazardous auto-fire zones!!). However, Many of our local makes, when tuned, shoot very well, consistent and accurate. As for Power, they all have pretty much in the range of, or above, 10 FPE.

Of late though, there has been an upsurge. In the past couple of years, people in the pro shooting arena and some in precision engineering sectors have come together to dish out some really good stuff (we also now have a local company of good lineage and repute manufacturing PCPs....and real good ones at that!!). Much of it has also inspired some old names to pull themselves up and refine and diversify their offering and models. This has really kicked things up for the good! A couple of good online forums we have here have been abuzz with insightful content; and most are very encouraging of the sport and of helping out the fellow enthusiasts.

The EX-IM duty structures and govt's arms regulations mostly are much less favourably disposed towards plinking and FT sport; so unless you have a rifle club membership and are a pro shooter, going for imported weapons and accessories ends up being a pretty costly affair. Hunting, by and large, is prohibited. Pest control, yes; but the category of 'vermins' is pretty restricted. Only recently, the govt brought the .22 cal air arms in the prohibited (FAC) category.

All said, I tune all my ARs, and shoot consistently sub 1/2 inch groups with them at ranges 10 and 20mts. And the ease with which my young child is able to dish out sub-1 inch groups right in the first week of range training, tells me that my trigger adjustment may be just about working okay. But I am looking to improve on this. I know they are hard -i.e. when I compare them to the one on one of my guns that has a safety lock and is not a direct sear engagement (It's one of Precihole Sports'basic models here, whose trigger system is much like the BSA Meteor trigger). I can lighten them further.....but the delight of having a lighter trigger would likely be overwhelmed by anxiety /risk of potential

Therefore, if I have to live with hard /stiff triggers, then may be there is something I could do with my GRIP....so I get better (than mere sub-1/2 inch groups!!).
    Sorry about the long post!...But I guess, the account may be of interest to at least some of you....and will look forward to hear back!

Warm regards to all!
    Prashant

Hello Prashant,

I enjoyed reading your excellent and interesting introduction.

Perhaps you could copy/paste most of your post as a new thread in our busy 'general airgun' section - where we have the most readers, and I would suggest the best response to your questions.

Best regards to you, and a very warm welcome to the BBS.