Thread: LOV 21 Upgrade

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Since last writing about my LOV 21, I recently (last week!) took it out from its safe hiding place and looked at the CO2 cylinder that was still stuck on top of the spare piercing device and took it to the club.

After some reasoning, it was decided that if the cylinder had been punctured, and if it had any gas in it, then it would have surely gone off like a CO2 powered rocket and looking at it for any longer was not going to solve anything, so I held the cylinder and gently pushed against the neck of the cylinder with my thumb nail - and it fell off! The cylinder was an empty!

Thinking back to when I last used it, it was when IJ and myself used to shoot together at RMTC and we both bought a new LOV21 and had the 1066 3D printed parts fitted to them - mine had the full set, but Ian's only had the wider rear sight (if I remember correctly?).

Anyway, the pistol was treated to a new CO2 caplet with a small drop of the red Crossman Pellgun Oil balanced on the neck end of the caplet before it was punctured (standard practice when we fit a new CO2 caplet to any CO2 pistol) and it shot beautifully - reminding me of why we were so impressed with them when they first became available in the UK.

Two more CO2 caplets in turn were fitted and they dropped out when they were empty with no problems at all!

The 1066 anatomical grip is very adjustable and the additional "peg" on the inside on the top surface of the palm shelf, can also be adjusted to the exact angle of the hand to get a really precise customised grip. The revised muzzle weight includes a weight box that could be filled with steel BB's or any other chosen small weight to balance the pistol to suite the shooters preference, and a bigger square shouldered front sight blade makes a much nicer "front-end"

The widened rear sight blade matched the new wider front sight perfectly giving the pistol a much more "target orientated" look and feel.

My LOV 21 has not had too much use from new, but it was getting better and better with use, and should be really good by the time it has eaten its first full tin of pellets.

At the time of writing this I don't know if the LOV 21 is still freely available here in the UK, or if 1066 is still making his 3D upgrade kits, but together they make a formidable target pistol for a minimal price of less that £150 for the new pistol complete with a full set of 1066 3D printed parts (at the time they were bought new).

I have no idea what a new LOV21 with a full set of 1066 3D printed parts would cost now, but I am sure that it would still be really good value for money target pistol. Most LOV 21 shooters don't have the 1066 3D printed grips and still claim good results from them, but my results improved considerably with the custom grip as the standard grip did not suite me as well.
    Last edited by zooma; 26-02-2024 at 07:22 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.