Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Artemis owners

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Todays tip: A plastic car tyre valve cap fits the filler valve perfectly on a 'Fart & Miss' M16D. These caps can be found on your neighbours car.

Rivi members - keep an eye on your valve caps; he's bound to collect some spares

ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

I had a pp700sa pistol - it was well built and it performed well. It seemed to work best with any lightweight pellet.

As a brand, I quite like them - they're producing fairly decent kit at a good price.

All of the above.

I have an M30 in .177 which is a nice gun to own.

Just sits in a corner until I remember I have it and then performs well at the range.
    Good shot count and an adjustable reg that I haven’t touched.

Cheap too!

I had a P15 and a PP700 pistol, both as accurate as anything else I have. I’ve also fettled a couple of P15’s for the lads up at the club.
    All have been very consistent over the chrono, most have needed the power turned down a tad (11.98 on most with 8.4 / 15 gr slugs).
    The barrels on all of the rifles I’ve set up have needed removing from the action and a thorough cleaning before they’ll shoot anything resembling a group. Conventional airgun/lead solvents/degreaser and a pull through won’t touch the stuff inside the barrel, it has to be properly cleaned.
    I use a nylon brush with the proper tough solvents I use on my powder burners (KG/009/bore shine etc), then further soaked patches until it’s clean, then clean patches, then a pull through before refitting to the action.
    After this the barrels I’ve experienced don’t need any different treatment to any other Airgun barrel and I’ve never had one that hasn’t responded greatly to the above treatment.
    Hope that helps a bit, cheers, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Thanks..maybe the tight spot early on up the barrel is gunk and the rest is ok.
    Kind of forming the pellet smaller before it hits the rifling further up which would explain it acting weird.
    I will give it a more thorough clean as you recommend.
    Nylon not a brass one..???
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    Thanks..maybe the tight spot early on up the barrel is gunk and the rest is ok.
    Kind of forming the pellet smaller before it hits the rifling further up which would explain it acting weird.
    I will give it a more thorough clean as you recommend.
    Nylon not a brass one..???
    You could use a brass one mate, no difference really - certainly won’t hurt a steel barrel.
    I only use the brush in one direction and take a good few passes through, then patch out and repeat the brush if necessary.
    Let us know how you get on.

O. K. - So Ive just got back home from the indoor range today where my 'Fart&miss M16D' was doing a 5p sized group at 35 yards rested with unsized, straight out of the tin, JSB Exacts. Nothing to write home about, maybe, but for 12B case chasing and tin can bashing its good enough. So I thought I would give it a go over my SKAN chrono.
    747,744,744,740,739,742,740,740,739,744 M.E. 10.25. (JSB Exacts straight out of the tin. 8.4g so it says on the lid. Thats VERY impressive and enough m.e. for the type of shooting I do and well within the legal limit.
    The only thing Ive done to this gun is take the stock off. The in letting is a bit rough but what do you expect for this kind of money? Oh, and Ive cleaned the barrel just using a pull through.

HTH
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 31-03-2019 at 04:51 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

arnie2b Guest
    They use compensating valves as regulator. So not truly regulated as in the strict sense of the word.
    Just give it enough time between shots to gain accuracy.

They can be optimized to gain more shots per charge.
    Opinions and experiences vary on how, you just have to play with the stack, hammerspring yourself and depending on model the transferport.
    If you want to fiddle it a bit more that is and it didn't need a going over from the start.

There have been people who've played with and consequently buggered the compensating valve up, do adjustments below the set pressure.

Definitely watch what the chronograph is doing!

I was told if you hold the rifle upside down you get even better consistency !

I did try but after 5 minutes all the blood rushed to me head.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    You could use a brass one mate, no difference really - certainly won’t hurt a steel barrel.
    I only use the brush in one direction and take a good few passes through, then patch out and repeat the brush if necessary.
    Let us know how you get on.
    Well...not a bad barrel after all.
    Just solid with gunk...it was smoothboring.
    An hour to clean and about 40 patches and brass brush.
    Nice rifling impressions,smooth all way through now.
    Only managed 20 yds with AADF but it does the one hole.
    That stuff isn't half tough to shift...must be baked on cosmoline..lol.
    Happy days.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Happy to be of help, mate - glad you got it sorted.
    Those brass or nylon brushes sure are cheaper than having an aftermarket reg or barrel blank machined up
    Enjoy yourself - Craig

Artemis P700 sear adjustment and Hammer spring

You tube has videos if how to smooth the trigger engagement by polishing surfaces, but the trigger still has a long 2nd stage.

Remove hand grip.

Find the screw arrowed in the photo.

Screw IN to reduce 2nd stage travel to get a nice short crisp break.
    Screw it in too far and the hammer will not cock!

I've turned the hammer spring nut clockwise to increase tension on the spring.
    Seemed to increase power a little, now getting 5.2-5.3 ft/lbs.

Further testing to come.

Nice accurate pistol!

I can't post a photo in this section for some reason???, so I've put it in the For Sale section. I hope that's OK
    Link below-

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...60#post8093960

Few years back I had a M10 .25, everything about it seemed spot on, nice weight, good feel, high shot count, quiet, even quieter with the supplied mod, lovely trigger,
    problem was shotgun grouping

I scrubbed & scrubbed the barrel to remove the gunk, but it just would not group so it went back & I was told it was the last one so couldn't be exchanged.
    Often wish I'd kept it & maybe tried a re-crown or even replaced the barrel.

I've got two p15s. Both now in 177 and they're stupidly accurate. I've polished the bore/crown and breech areas on both with autosol. Open TP a fraction and eased hammer preload slightly. Both 11.3ftlb with qys pellets which are fractionally better than jsb and jsb neavy
    One came as a. 22 cal but that barrel isn't the best to be honest. Gave that one a Blean and polish but it never came good enough to hint, in my opinion. Perhaps I'll revisit that barrel for another go.
    I love mine and the carm mags are a superb upgrade.

i had a p15 tuned by mark dempsey great gun very accurate