Thread: Walther Rotex RM8 UC pictorial review

Walther Rotex RM8 UC pictorial review

Hi all

Back in February 2019 we ran the Umarex Range at the British Shooting Show, with Umarex showcasing some new rifles. One being the Walther Rotex RM8 Varmint UC, bit of a mouthful but the original models are fondly known as RM8’s. At the show we were that busy with all the other rifles and the general public we didn’t have chance to get a closer look of the rifle in question. So, what is different with the existing RM8 Varmint and the Varmint UC

The UC Stands for Ultra Compact, with a shorter barrel and comes with a K3 Neo Silencer

As with all other RM8's it is Regulated

with Chequered Swirls on the pistol grip and front end of the stock

It has a small Picatinny Rail for add ons like a Bipod

The rear stock is contoured on both sides and does let your head rest comfortably whichever side you use

The Magazine is easy to load in 0.22

Cocking Handle is Oversize and one of the best cocking levers I've used on Air Rifles

The Safety comes on Automatically once you cocked, bit awkward to disengage ue to the Thumbhole Stock

Rifle is nicely balanced in the standing position

After initial 3 shot zero check and adjust this was my First 5 shots group, Benchrested 10m (longest range available on the day)

Tried all positions in order of Benchrested, Benchrested unsupported, Standing, Kneeling, Prone and finally off a Bipod

Being a 'Leftie' cocking with trigger hand is awkward

But using support arm to cock rifle is much easier as long as trigger finger is kept off the trigger

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvlsi6zH..._web_copy_link

Verdict, well I really, really liked it. The trigger is great, nice two stage with a smooth let off, not too heavy at 3.75kgs and with a length of 916mm compared to 1040mm without silence of the other RM8's. Finally with a shot count of 180 shots, it is perfect for hunting and a great rifle for a few rounds of HFT.

Kind regards
    Paddy
    Last edited by Pad. E; 04-04-2019 at 02:31 PM.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

What is the retail on these and the barrel is it threaded to take the mod

Quote Originally Posted by darren m View Post
    What is the retail on these and the barrel is it threaded to take the mod
    Hi

Retail is about £440 >> Solware <<

As for barrel being threaded, it already has the K3 Neo Silencer and I didn't try to take it off to have a look

Regards
    Paddy
    BE-HAPPY-OK

walther rotex

Been thinking of joining a local club in Lincs and been looking at the BSA r10 but I like the look of the Walther.It was the shot count that got my interest in the BSA but the Walther count isn't bad. At the moment my only modern rifle is a BSA Ultra early model in spanking condition. Apart from that got about 30 rifles of all ages.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter48 View Post
    Been thinking of joining a local club in Lincs and been looking at the BSA r10 but I like the look of the Walther.It was the shot count that got my interest in the BSA but the Walther count isn't bad. At the moment my only modern rifle is a BSA Ultra early model in spanking condition. Apart from that got about 30 rifles of all ages.
    Hi

I have tried the Ultra and BSA R10, good good rifles indeed. The RM8 UC is well worth a look
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Lovely looking gun! Hope it shoots as good as it looks as I'm hoping to buy one this weekend 😁

There is one for sale on here...

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...Walther-rm8-22

I was temped, as I'm looking for a bullpup or compact rifle, but I'm planning on using a hand pump, and apparently thats not a good idea on the RM8

Daryll.

Thanks Daryll,
    As it happens that's the one I'm buying 😉

Thankfully I've got a bottle and a compressor - I nearly collapsed first time I pumped a rifle up from empty!

Lee