Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RWS Rapier or Excalibre.

RWS Rapier or Excalibre.

I’m looking for an RWS Rapier or Excalibre. Does anyone here have experience of these guns? In an era of muscle bound PCP’s they seem so elegant and refined. I wondered if anyone has some info to share. I believe the Rapier was red Turkish walnut. And ‘good wood’ is a mandatory for me. If by any chance one of you fine gents or ladies are looking to off load to a new home I have an ad in the wanted section. Any info gratefully received. Thanks G
    https://www.walnut.black

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    A superb rifle and very accurate,I had a Rapier in .22 with a Turkish Walnut stock
    If you manage to get your hands on one ,I have the manual for a Rapier , if you want it pm me with your addy and I'll post it.

Regards Gordon
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

Gordon. That’s really kind. Thank you. I hope I have reason to call on you. :-)

I have an Excalibre full lengh in a lovely Turkish walnut stock, very accurate rifle.
    I had the carbine as well until a couple of years ago when I sold it.
    I think there is one for sale on either freeads or Guntrader with scope, bottle etc for a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by cozzamec View Post
    I have an Excalibre full lengh in a lovely Turkish walnut stock, very accurate rifle.
    I had the carbine as well until a couple of years ago when I sold it.
    I think there is one for sale on either freeads or Guntrader with scope, bottle etc for a good price.
    Having tried both. What’s your view on carbine vs full length? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by GSMN1 View Post
    Having tried both. What’s your view on carbine vs full length? Cheers
    Carbine had a synthetic stock and being shorter was lighter and more pointable than my full lengh and would make a better hunting rifle , but obviously the full length had the lovely walnut stock and I only use it at the range plus it had a gauge so the carbine went

I have the Rapier with the two shot shuttle. I love having this full length version, its really long, very light and well balanced. It's great to go out shooting with it, it feels like you have a proper rifle with you.

I have the carbine in 22,its a great gun but I don't like the 7 shot mag with one hole blanked off

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    I have the carbine in 22,its a great gun but I don't like the 7 shot mag with one hole blanked off
    I had a .177 Excalibre carbine many years ago (very rare apparently) and it had the horrid 7 shot mag that I could never put in right and never manage to get the full 7 shots.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Some one on here told me to put the 7shot mag with the blamed out part at the 5 o clock position I tried it and it works spot on

Should read blanked off part

I have the Rapier with the two shot shuttle. I love having this full length version, its really long, very light and well balanced. It's great to go out shooting with it, it feels like you have a proper rifle with you.

That sir is beautiful. Very similar to my Webley FX2000

That's a corker, these rifles are just sooo good to use and enjoy shooting.

arnie2b Guest
    My rapier is tuned to fac spec and when you fill it to 190 bar you get about 20 shots with about a 10fps spread at 22 ft/lbs.
    Tune it properly and it behaves like a regulated gun.

do you still have the Rapier manual please?

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    A superb rifle and very accurate,I had a Rapier in .22 with a Turkish Walnut stock
    If you manage to get your hands on one ,I have the manual for a Rapier , if you want it pm me with your addy and I'll post it.

Regards Gordon
    I have a twinshot rapier and no idea how to load it with 2 pellets, I can do a shot with 1 but when I push across to load 2 then the LHS one falls through