Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RWS Rapier or Excalibre.

Good call! I have a Rapier in .22. I love it. Great wood, lovely lines and very accurate, but if you need it serviced you need to find someone who really knows them. I have heard people think them too long for hunting and with a mod on the end they're quite a long beast, for sure. But so elegant, beautifully proportioned. They do come up on Guntrader from time to time. Made by FX, I believe they were also sold as the FX Timberwolf, Logun Gemini, and Webley FX2000. Not sure whether there are any quality differences between them, but certainly the RWS Rapier is very high standard. If you like nice wood, definitely one to look for. The two shot shuttle is a bit of a faff but you get used to it - I usually just use it as a single loader. Might be pellet fussy - I haven't done extensive tests but I found it liked AAF 5.51s and have stuck with them.

EDIT: Doh! Hadn't noticed this was an old thread.
    Last edited by Mr Pusk; 21-01-2023 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chezibabe View Post
    I have a twinshot rapier and no idea how to load it with 2 pellets, I can do a shot with 1 but when I push across to load 2 then the LHS one falls through

Start with the gun unloaded and pointing down range.

Pull back the bolt fully and cock the rifle.

Push the brass loading shuttle with your left thumb fully over to the right.

Load the first pellet into the shuttle, then release the shuttle. Its spring will move it back to the left.

Push the bolt forward to load the pellet.

Now pull the bolt fully back and push the shuttle to the right again. Put pellet No.2 into the shuttle but do not release it yet.

Push the bolt forward and lock it, either into the rearmost cut out (safe) or fully forward (ready to fire).

Release the shuttle. It will not close fully because the bolt is in the way of the pellet. But it is closed enough for the pellet not to fall out.

After you have shot Pellet No.1, withdraw the bolt and re-cock. As the bolt comes back, the spring moves the shuttle over to the left, bringing pellet No.2 with it and positioning it in front of the probe. Closing the bolt loads the pellet into the breech ready for the second shot.
    Last edited by Mr Pusk; 21-01-2023 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Typos

I had an Excalibre in .22 as my hunting rifle. Great gun but in the end I got rid of it because I didn't have the heart to drill the stock for swivels

I never worked out what the second bolt cutout in the stock was for, and it was very easy to lose magazines until I cobbled up a spring retention system. It shot lead H&N FTT Green very well,
    so the demand for these guns might go up in the future!