Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from France - Newbie buying a Crosman 1077

Hi from France - Newbie buying a Crosman 1077

Hi folks, I'm glad to have found this bbs and hoping for your collective advice!

I'm looking at buying a Crosman 1077 for some simple target shooting and the occasional rat shoot (we live in the middle of the countryside with chickens etc).

So if I get the above gun, what accessories etc do I need to consider first? Silencer, optical sight, bipod, cleaning kit, bag, etc etc...? What do I need to know?

Hi Pitre, and welcome to the BBS.

I've moved your thread into General Airgun as you'll probably get a better response here.

I thought it was against the law to shoot any animal with an air rifle in France ?

All the best Mick

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    the crosman 1077 is fun, but it's low powered and not at all accurate.. shooting tin cans, great. shoots rats (if it's legal there) or targets it's not really suitable.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

imorik is offline I stick my head out and take it on the chin.
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi Pitre, and welcome to the BBS.

I've moved your thread into General Airgun as you'll probably get a better response here.

I thought it was against the law to shoot any animal with an air rifle in France ?

All the best Mick
    You're spot on even though the power limit is higher than ukat 20 joules
    AA TX200 MK2 .177, MK3 Barrel, long stroked & shortened T/P
    AA TX200 MK3 HC .177, 22mm internals, shortened T/P
    http://www.anstonftc.co.uk/

Hello pitre and welcome, from mike

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Bonjour and bienvenue!

Shooting rats, souris and other small vermin with an air rifle is fine in France, but the Crosman really isn't up to the job, I would look at a cheap pcp or decent break barrel instead.
    The limit is generally 20j, but if you join a club de tir there is no limit.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Bonjour and bienvenue!

Shooting rats, souris and other small vermin with an air rifle is fine in France, but the Crosman really isn't up to the job, I would look at a cheap pcp or decent break barrel instead.
    The limit is generally 20j, but if you join a club de tir there is no limit.
    Appreciate your comments. Can you suggest some makes/models of "cheap Pcp" or break barrel that would be appropriate?

Hi Pitre and a very warm welcome.

Re the law on rats in France, I don't know. You've had some conflicting advice up above; I hope Tinbum's answer is the correct one.

If you must have a CO2 rifle, I'd be looking at the 2250XL from the same stable. In .22 (which many would favour for rats), far more powerful and a much better trigger.

If you do go for CO2, you'll need to really get to know its idiosyncrasies and know the gun inside out re shot count, consistency and temperature sensitivity.

Much depends on the expected range that you'll be shooting from but, as above, I''d be favouring a break barrel springer, personally. Self-contained and there's a massive choice from budget to premium.

Or a PCP if you must have recoilless.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    From what I've read in the past, if you want to shoot rabbits or pigeons then the French authorities prefer you to use the proper weapon for the job, they class air rifles as toys in theory but I've been told that the police aren't all that worried and turn a blind eye to certain activities with an air rifle.

I'd go for a break barrel springer as well, a lot of France is so remote that trying to find a dive shop (I know you can buy a pump) is a bit of a hardship to refill a tank.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Listening intently folks!

Ok, so if the consensus is a "break barrel springer", please suggest some specific budget buys (make/model)?

welcome to the bbs bud

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitre View Post

Ok, so if the consensus is a "break barrel springer", please suggest some specific budget buys (make/model)?
    Depends what you can get hold of and your budget, are you going to buy local at a gun shop or have it posted to you from an internet company where choice will be better?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Depends what you can get hold of and your budget, are you going to buy local at a gun shop or have it posted to you from an internet company where choice will be better?

Pete
    Internet purchase, up to circa £200 unless I can't get what I need for that?

Currently thinking a Crosman Fury NP would do the job, as I understand the NP is a bit quieter discharge than a springer?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitre View Post

Where are you going to be buying it? The gun shops near me only stock Gamo.
    Fusil Calais do a slightly wider range, though not much, Krale are good for choice, but depending on budget might not have what you want.

What do you want to spend in total including a scope?
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Where are you going to be buying it? The gun shops near me only stock Gamo.
    Fusil Calais do a slightly wider range, though not much, Krale are good for choice, but depending on budget might not have what you want.

What do you want to spend in total including a scope?
    Seems like a good deal here: https://www.armurerie-auxerre.com/ca...ro-piston.html