Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weihrauch foresight plastic inserts

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I can supply clear plastic ring types which are much better than the steel ones if that helps...
    Ordered a couple of elements from Harvey for my Diana 35, 15.6mm diameter which are near impossible to find, received very quickly, fitted perfectly, have transformed my sight picture and allowed me to keep the rifle's original tunnel. I will be back for more sizes
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

nige346,

I will be after some elements for my 1974 Diana 35 too

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Hw front sight

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I can supply clear plastic ring types which are much better than the steel ones if that helps...
    Hi Harvey understand you do clear plastic sights with the hole in the middle can you advise please. Thanks Graham

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiawatha View Post
    Hi Harvey understand you do clear plastic sights with the hole in the middle can you advise please. Thanks Graham
    PM sent...

The original question re: clear acrylic inserts has been very well answered, but a few notes on the flat metal inserts used in older front tunnel sights might be of interest.

This simple and versatile idea was pioneered by Parker-Hale and Walther in the 1950's. The basic idea was picked up by others, but each maker tended to vary the diameter and side tab pattern. Here's a few examples - close study shows none of these will interchange (but...note that Diana and FWB apparently simply copied the Walther pattern, I've swopped these three around many times).

To the best of my knowledge, the only metal inserts that fit Weihrauch sights are their own. They have supplied the same basic set of six for decades but as noted above, many find them of limited usefulness for precise target work.

My favorite vintage front sight tunnel to use on HW rifles is this simple Anschutz type, as seen in these pics. A great selection of factory inserts was made (the photo is just a partial set), and they are easy to find on auction sites, etc. Best of all, their slightly larger diameter accepts many modern aftermarket accessories.

The older Anschutz tunnels also fit Weihrauch's 9mm +/- wide front mounting rails - no other conversion bits are necessary. Here's one on an HW barrel. I use these on several rifles.

This link shows Gehmann's selection of adjustable front sight add-ons; the "M.18" size fits the old Anschutz tunnels. They mount by simply replacing the knurled clamping ring in the rear of the sight tunnel.

https://www.gehmann.com/en/Sighting-...esight-Irises/
    Last edited by MDriskill; 18-04-2023 at 06:36 PM.