Thread: A solution for which there is no problem whatsoever.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A solution for which there is no problem whatsoever.....

Being a tight-fisted old fart, I seldom invest almost a fiver in ANY gun magazine, and Gun Mart, I have to admit, is no exception to this general rule. What I do do, however, is read up their often usefully interesting write-ups on their website, and I've been known to make a usually ignored comment where I feel it was necessary.

This time, however, I'm not going to bother to make it there, but here instead.

Y'see, Anvil Conversions have taken an already very fine Uberti percussion revolver modelled on the Remington New Model Army of 1858, and, at great expense, have converted it into.........a percussion revolver.

https://www.gunmart.net/gun-reviews/...anvil-renegade

Somebody here will tell me what a great leap in firearms technology this has been.

Personally, it reminds me of Blackadder's lackwit sidekick, Baldrick, and his aside about Mrs Miggins, who 'makes a giant pie, in the shape of a pie...'

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    It is converted, and proofed, to use nitro powders rather than BP/BP substitute, and thus is the nearest thing to a modern cartridge pistol but still qualifies as a muzzle loader and thus is S1. There are a number of variations on this theme so it is not unique.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    It is converted, and proofed, to use nitro powders rather than BP/BP substitute, and thus is the nearest thing to a modern cartridge pistol but still qualifies as a muzzle loader and thus is S1. There are a number of variations on this theme so it is not unique.
    I both understand the theory and have shot the nitro-converted 'real' revolvers made by this company. For THEM, I can see a reason. They CAN be shot at the usual 25m pistol target, just like we used to do over here on the mainland of UK. You can even see me shooting one on Youtube. That way, here on mainland UK, you can get to shoot a modern-looking and feeling handgun as a S1 firearm.

But to convert a loose-loading percussion revolver, that still LOOKS like a loose-loading percussion revolver, into a loose-loading percussion revolver, one that cannot be used in ANY BP handgun competitions anywhere on the planet, seems to make no sense at all.

What am I missing?
    Last edited by tacfoley; 03-10-2019 at 03:50 PM.

I think they are for the people who like the idea of authentic black powder shooting but don’t like the smell or the mess. They usually drink alcohol free lager and use fat free suet.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by desg View Post
    i think they are for the people who like the idea of authentic black powder shooting but don’t like the smell or the mess. They usually drink alcohol free lager and use fat free suet.
    lol!!

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    While it reinforces yet again what a mess our firearms laws are in, one has to question the reasoning behind this in a UK context, circumventing the law by loophole is only going to get laws tightened yet again?