Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Value of a mint FWB Sport ....even has ASI sticker.

Value of a mint FWB Sport ....even has ASI sticker.

What price would you put on a mint one these ? No rust ...tiny mark on stock ...still has the ASI importers sticker on cylinder.

Is it a .22 or .177? I gather the latter fetch a small premium.

Is it a Mk1, Mk2 or - less likely - a Mk3?

You might also wish to check the washer in the cylinder. I have read, here, that these deteriorated over the decades and often require replacing.

What Andrew said. Especially re the piston seal.

Tiny mark on stock = not “mint”.

Box? Manual? Hang tag?

This thread needs pictures, but, from the sound of it, bare minimum £250. Unless resealing is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    What Andrew said. Especially re the piston seal.

Tiny mark on stock = not “mint”.

Box? Manual? Hang tag?

This thread needs pictures, but, from the sound of it, bare minimum £250. Unless resealing is needed.
    Agreed..
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    The one rifle i will never get shot of. Mk1 .22 purchased in 75, i was lucky enough to buy a brand new left hand stock on here a few years back which its currently wearing as im left handed. The original right hand stock stays with it though!

Quote Originally Posted by keith66 View Post
    The one rifle i will never get shot of. Mk1 .22 purchased in 75, i was lucky enough to buy a brand new left hand stock on here a few years back which its currently wearing as im left handed. The original right hand stock stays with it though!
    So as a lefty you’ve been shooting off a right hand stock for maybe 40 years.,

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Well i did for some years then my Dad blagged the rifle & took it up north, I got it back when he passed away. But yes i made do with it, Put the proper stock on it & its loads better!

I have similar excellent condition FWB 127 0.22 that has had little use, along with the ASI Sport 2 sticker, it also has a Mastersport sticker. Any snippets of information regarding the history and services of Mastersport would be very much appreciated, I will add that information to my files.

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    I have similar excellent condition FWB 127 0.22 that has had little use, along with the ASI Sport 2 sticker, it also has a Mastersport sticker. Any snippets of information regarding the history and services of Mastersport would be very much appreciated, I will add that information to my files.

All the best.
    Rustybuzz on here is the guy to ask.

A mint Sport demands about £300, which is a tad up from a few years back.
    Good examples, serviced can make £250. Many even well used will get over the £200 mark.

Servicing is a pita due to needing a spring clamp. If mint then the piston head will have turned to mush, and must be replaced to shoot.
    124's .177 have a £25-35 premium over the 127's .22's. MKI & MKII's are in great demand always as they perform well to farmyard ranges. Deluxe stocks are the norm though the odd standard no checkering are about. MKIII (Dan Dare) has a slightly different stock and an odd barrel weight with front "nail" sight. Some of the last had the MKIII stock, no barrel weight, and a normal frontsights.

A lot were made, they were very popular for good reason. Fantastic rifles to shoot. Triggers are fair, not bad, just not Rekord level.

Thanks for the inputs folks....I think I’ll hold on to this...it’s really like new.

The tiny blemish on stock has been eliminated....mint is not far away....mush piston seal replaced. Shoots like a dream.

All the best.
    Mastersport were a custom and servicing house. If yours is outwardly standard then I suspect it had a standard Mastersport tune. Basically a polish up, and relube. They might have done a bit more but it will be hard to tell without having in bits next to a factory offereing.
    If it shoots well then leave alone and enjoy. Leave the sticker on as it might get a small premium in the future. Full premium would take a custom stock.

Thank you Geezer and Muskett for your replies.
    All the best....

All the best.
    The tune will be de burr, fit, phosphor bronze piston skirt, respring and relube.

A few questions. How long is the barrel? Does the breach pivot pin have a small grub screw fitted? Is the trigger a smooth definite two stage?