Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
I am left handed. I simply place my right elbow on the table (I wear elbow supports - I forget their technical name) and lean it against the cushions in front, but my right hand does not lean on the cushions for it supports the rifle freely. I have a light to medium grip with my right hand and I bring the butt into my shoulder but not too tightly. I try to replicate this hold each time, which is not too difficult. If I rest my right hand rifle on the cushions, I find the rifle fires to the left or right slightly (I forget which it is).

I also keep a stock of about 10 different pellet varieties and test each with each model of rifle. All of this is time-consuming but it means the best combination can be discovered and noted.
OK, sounds good, sorry for assuming you're right handed but I get the gist of what you're on about, try less grip with your right hand, literally just support the gun rather than grip it, see if it helps or hinders. As we know with different guns liking different pellets they are also different in their grip sensitivity. I find guns with harsh slam or twangy firing cycles much more grip sensitive than smoother shooting guns, as we know a different weight of pellet can make the firing cycle smoother or softer, it seems rather a bit anally retentive but it does happen!